About Ohlone College
A World of Cultures United in Learning
The Ohlone Community College District is a multi-campus single community college district located in the southern portion of the San Francisco Bay in California. Serving almost 18,000 students per year, the District has a main campus in the City of Fremont and a newly constructed campus in the City of Newark.
Ohlone College (pronounced "oh loh nee kol ij" [MP3]) is an ethnically diverse institution that promotes innovation and continuous improvement in departments and divisions. The College is named for the native population living in the area when Mission San Jose was founded. The Fremont campus is located just south of the historical Mission. The Newark campus is located near Interstate 880 and emphasizes programs in health, environment, and technology.
- Ohlone serves almost 16,000 students per year at our Fremont and Newark campuses and online.
- Ohlone offers more than 177 degrees and certificates, including 21 associate degrees for transfer (AA-T or AS-T), 52 associate degrees (AA or AS), 27 Certificates of Achievement, and 77 Certificates of Accomplishment.
- Every year about 800 students transfer to baccalaureate colleges and universities, including 400 students to California State Universities, 200 students to Universities of California, 80 students to in-state private colleges and universities, and 120 students to out-of-state colleges and universities.
- Over 800 students graduate with associate degrees or earn vocational certificates every year.
- Ohlone College employs approximately 450 part-time and full-time faculty and 215 support and management personnel.
[From the Ohlone College Catalog, 2014-2015.]
Did You Know…?
The average course load of all California community college students in 2011-2012 was 12 units. The average course load of students who enrolled in distance education courses was 15 units. Source: California Community College Chancellor's Office.
- Highlights and Good News about Ohlone College
- Good News Reports by the President to the Board of Trustees
- Vision, Mission, Values and Goals 2010-2015
- The Community College System
- History of Ohlone College
- Administration / President's Staff
- Job Opportunities
- Associate Degrees and Certificates
- Events Calendar
Adobe Flash Player (free) is required to play the multimedia elements on this page.