About Ohlone College
A World of Cultures United in Learning
The Ohlone Community College District is a multi-campus single community college district located in the southern portion of the San Francisco Bay in California. Serving almost 18,000 students per year, the District has a main campus in the City of Fremont and a newly constructed campus in the City of Newark.
Ohlone College (pronounced "oh loh nee kol ij" [MP3]) is an ethnically diverse institution that promotes innovation and continuous improvement in departments and divisions. The College is named for the native population living in the area when Mission San Jose was founded. The Fremont campus is located just south of the historical Mission. The Newark campus is located near Interstate 880 and emphasizes programs in health, environment, and technology.
- Ohlone serves almost 15,000 students per year at our Fremont and Newark campuses and online.
- Ohlone offers more than 177 degrees and certificatescertificates, including 56 associate degrees (AA or AS), five associate degrees for transfer (AA-T or AS-T), 32 Certificates of Achievement, and 84 Certificates of Accomplishment.
- Every year about 900 students transfer to baccalaureate colleges and universities, including 400 students to California State Universities, 200 students to Universities of California, 150 students to in-state private colleges and universities, and 150 students to out-of-state colleges and universities.
- Over 700 students graduate with associate degrees or earn vocational certificates every year.
- Ohlone College employs approximately 430 part-time and full-time faculty and 220 support and management personnel.
[Updated July 15, 2013 from the Ohlone College Catalog, 2013-2014.]
Did You Know…?
Ohlone has more than 300 international students, from approximately 30 different countries. The majority of F-1 Visa-holding international students come from China, followed by Vietnam. Visit International Programs and Services for information about Ohlone's English Language Institute, the international admissions process, and more.
- Highlights and Good News about Ohlone College
- Good News Reports by the President to the Board of Trustees
- Vision, Mission, Values and Goals 2010-2015
- The Community College System
- History of Ohlone College
- Administration / President's Staff
- People and Places
- Job Opportunities
- Associate Degrees and Certificates
- Events Calendar
Adobe Flash Player (free) is required to play the multimedia elements on this page.