About Ohlone College
A World of Cultures United in Learning
The Ohlone Community College District is a multi-campus single community college district located in the southern portion of the San Francisco Bay in California. Serving almost 16,000 students per year, the District has a main campus in the City of Fremont and a newly constructed campus in the City of Newark.
Ohlone College is an ethnically diverse institution that promotes innovation and continuous improvement in departments and divisions. The College is named for the native population living in the area when Mission San Jose was founded.
The Fremont campus is located just south of the historical Mission close to Interstate 680. The Newark campus is located near Interstate 880 and emphasizes programs in health, environment, and technology. (Maps and Directions.)
- Ohlone enrolls over 16,000 students per year at our Fremont and Newark campuses and online.
- Ohlone offers 182 degrees and certificates, including 21 associate degrees for transfer (ADT), 49 associate degrees (AA or AS), 24 Certificates of Achievement, and 88 Certificates of Accomplishment.
- In 2013-2014, 960 Ohlone students transferred to baccalaureate colleges and universities, including 508 students to California State Universities, 204 students to Universities of California, 113 students to in-state private colleges and universities, and 135 students to out-of-state colleges and universities.
- In 2013-2014, 685 Ohlone students graduated with associate degrees and 821 students earned certificates.
- Ohlone College employs approximately 450 part-time and full-time faculty and 215 support and management personnel.
[From the Ohlone College Catalog, 2015-2016; updated October 12, 2015.]
- Highlights and Good News about Ohlone College
- Good News Reports by the President to the Board of Trustees
- Vision, Mission, Values, and Goals
- The Community College System
- History of Ohlone College
- Administration / President's Staff
- Job Opportunities
- Associate Degrees and Certificates
- Events Calendar
Adobe Flash Player (free) is required to play the multimedia elements on this page.