Administration / President's Staff - About Ohlone College
Did You Know…?
Ohlone has the fourth highest transfer rate of all Bay Area community colleges. Visit the Transfer Center for transfer assistance, such as transfer workshops, applications, scholarships, and more!
- President / Superintendent: Gari Browning
- Vice President / Deputy Superintendent, Academic Affairs: Leta Stagnaro
- Vice President, Administrative Services: Ronald Little
- Vice President, Student Services: Ron Travenick
- Associate Vice President, Human Resources and Training: Shairon Zingsheim
- (Interim) Chief Technology Officer, Information Technology: Jim Petromilli
- Director, College Advancement and Public Information Officer: Patrice Birkedahl
- Director, Ohlone College Foundation: Paul Innaccone
- Dean, Arts and Social Sciences Division: Walt Birkedahl
- Dean, Business, Technology, and Learning Resources Division: Lesley Buehler
- Dean, Counseling and Special Programs: Susan Gutkind
- (Interim) Deans, Deaf Studies Division: Thomas Holcomb and Nancy Pauliukonis
- Dean, Enrollment Services: Laura Weaver
- Dean, Health Sciences and Environmental Studies Division: Gale Carli
- Dean, Kinesiology, Athletics, and Newark Campus Division: Chris Warden
- Dean, Language and Communication Division: Mark Wade Lieu
- Dean, Science, Engineering, and Mathematics Division: Mike Holtzclaw
- Executive Dean, Academic Affairs, Research and Planning: Michael Bowman
Did You Know…?
Ohlone College remains the only community college in the United States named for an American Indian tribe—the Ohlone. Ohlone College's name honors the Ohlone Indians, also known as "the people of the West," who lived in the Fremont and Newark areas. The Ohlones were distinguished by peaceful pursuits, especially in agriculture, and they held profound reverence for the earth, believing it was theirs for living and not for the taking.