Administration / President's Staff - About Ohlone College
Did You Know…?
Ohlone has the fifth highest transfer rate of all Bay Area community colleges. Source: California Community Colleges Student Success Scorecard. Visit the Transfer Center for transfer assistance, such as transfer workshops, applications, scholarships, and more!
- President / Superintendent: Gari Browning
- Vice President / Deputy Superintendent, Academic Affairs: Leta Stagnaro
- (Interim) Vice President, Administrative Services: George Kozitza
- (Interim) Vice President, Student Services: Leta Stagnaro
- Associate Vice President, Human Resources and Training: Shairon Zingsheim
- Associate Vice President, Information Technology Services: Chris Dela Rosa
- Director, College Advancement and Public Information Officer: Patrice Birkedahl
- Director, Ohlone College Foundation: Paul Iannaccone
- Dean, Arts and Social Sciences Division: Walt Birkedahl
- Dean, Business, Technology, and Learning Resources Division: Lesley Buehler
- Dean, Counseling and Special Programs: Susan Gutkind
- Dean, Deaf Studies Division: Darline Gunsauls
- Dean, Enrollment Services: Laura Weaver
- Dean, Health Sciences and Environmental Studies Division: Gale Carli
- Dean, Kinesiology, Athletics, and Newark Campus Division: Chris Warden
- Dean, Language and Communication Division: Mark Wade Lieu
- Dean, Science, Engineering, and Mathematics Division: Mike Holtzclaw
- Executive Dean, Academic Affairs, Research and Planning: Michael Bowman
Did You Know…?
Ohlone College remains the only community college in the United States named for an American Indian tribe—the Ohlone. Ohlone College's name honors the Ohlone People, also known as "the people of the West," who lived in the Fremont and Newark areas. The Ohlones were distinguished by peaceful pursuits, especially in agriculture, and they held profound reverence for the earth, believing it was theirs for living and not for the taking.