Vision, Mission, Values and Goals 2010-2015 - About Ohlone College
Ohlone College will be known throughout California for our inclusiveness, innovation, and superior rates of student success.
The mission of Ohlone College is to serve the community by offering instruction for basic skills, career entry, university transfer, economic development, and personal enrichment for all who can benefit from our instruction in an environment where student learning success is highly valued, supported, and continually assessed.
- We provide life long learning opportunities for students, college personnel, and the community.
- We open access to higher education and actively reach out to underserved populations.
- We promote diversity, inclusiveness, and openness to differing viewpoints.
- We maintain high standards in our constant pursuit of excellence.
- We value trust, respect, and integrity.
- We promote teamwork and open communication.
- We practice innovation and actively encourage risk-taking and entrepreneurship.
- We demonstrate stewardship for our human, financial, physical, and environmental resources.
- Through innovative programs and services, improve student learning and achievement.
- Support the economic vitality of the community through educational programs and services that respond to identified employment needs.
- Promote continuous, needs-based, learning and professional development opportunities for all District personnel.
- Use human, fiscal, technological, and physical resources responsibly, effectively, and efficiently to maximize student learning and achievement.
- Lead and educate the community in environmental sustainability.
- Enhance college-wide interaction with, and acceptance of, diverse peoples, cultures, arts, and perspectives.
- Increase access to higher education of under-served and under-represented demographic groups in the District and local communities.
- Engage all members of the college community in active, continual institutional improvement.
Adopted by the Board of Trustees June 10, 2009.