Important: Policy for Repeating Courses has Changed
The California Community College Board of Governors passed revisions to Title 5 regarding course repetition effective Summer 2012.
Students will only be allowed to enroll in a course not designated as "repeatable" (ENGL-101A, for instance) three times if they received a substandard grade (D, F, NP, or NC) or withdrew from the class with a W.
These new regulations were applied retroactively so enrollments prior to Summer 2012 will be counted towards the three times, and any student who has already taken a course the maximum number of times will no longer be able to take the same course at Ohlone College. Please refer to Repeating Courses for more information.
Course Descriptions - Admissions and Records
All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and/or have questions answered.
Descriptions for all courses are available in the Ohlone College Catalog. Not all courses are offered each semester or academic year.
As shown in this screenshot from an Ohlone College Catalog, the list of sections (courses) includes for each section (course) offered:
- Department name
- Division name
- Course ID and course name
- Number of class hours
- Number of units
- Cross-referenced, Prerequisite, Advisory courses
- Whether the course is Accepted for Credit at UC or CSU
- Brief description of the course
Descriptions for courses offered in a particular semester/term are available in the online Class Schedule (Search for Sections) in WebAdvisor:
- From WebAdvisor's homepage, select Search for Sections
- Select the Term to search (example: 2011 Fall Semester)
- Select at least one other field (example: select a Subject, such as Art or Computer Science or History)
- Select the Submit button
- Each course ID and course name are linked to a course description. Select the course name link to view the course description.
As shown in this screenshot of Section Selection Results for Theatre and Dance classes, the list of sections (courses) includes for each section (course) offered:
- Section Information (course ID and course name with link to course description)
- Meeting Information (dates, time, room)
- Faculty name
- number of Available seats / Capacity in the class / number of students on the Waitlist
- number of Credits
- Comments or additional information
Questions about a Course Description
If you have questions about a course description, please contact the instructor for the course or Dean of the Division in which the course is offered.