How to Enroll and Register at Ohlone College - Admissions and Records
The Enrollment Process
- For international students, go to Admissions for International (F-1 Visa) Programs and Services.
- For Kindergarten-12th grade students (pre-high school and high school), go to Kindergarten-12th Grade Special Admission and Kindergarten-12th Grade Enrollment Steps.
- For Registered Nursing, Physical Therapist Assistant, and Respiratory Therapist programs, go to Health Sciences Programs.
Follow these steps to complete the Ohlone College Enrollment Process online or on paper application:
- Apply online or complete an Ohlone College paper application (available in the center of the printed Class Schedule or download and print the Application for Admission (PDF)) and submit the application to the Office of Admissions and Records on the Fremont campus in Room 7249 or the Student Services Center on the Newark campus in Room NC1312. The application should be submitted as early as possible in order to ensure earliest possible registration times.
- Submit any necessary documents (immigration documents and/or residency documents) to the Office of Admissions and Records on the Fremont campus in Room 7249 or the Student Services Center on the Newark campus in Room NC1312.
- Receive a Student ID Number via email after submission of all application materials or by calling the Office of Admissions and Records at (510) 659-6100 if an email address is not available.
- Set up a WebAdvisor account to register, add, drop, waitlist, and pay for classes online. Learn How to Access and Use WebAdvisor.
Ohlone College uses email to communicate with students. Please:
- Provide an email address when applying and check your email regularly.
- Submit email address changes via WebAdvisor.
- Adjust mass mailing or spam filters to allow messages from Ohlone and ohlone.edu; all Ohlone email messages will be addressed with “Ohlone College” at the start of the subject line.
- Bring copies of official transcripts to a counselor for evaluation if English or math has been completed at another college.
- Go to Placement Testing Center for information regarding placement testing and test dates and times.
- Take the required placement tests or clear all prerequisites for English and math with transcripts from previously attended institutions; see a counselor for assistance with clearing prerequisites.
- Review Test Summary on WebAdvisor after completing the required placement tests.
- See Placement Testing Center for an explanation of placement test results.
- Log in to EdReady for Ohlone. Take a diagnostic test to determine readiness for the Accuplacer Math Placement Test, then follow a personalized study path to help place higher when the Math Placement Test is taken.
New Student Orientation is mandatory for all new students except those who meet an Orientation exemption. Students must attend an orientation before they are able to register for classes for Fall or Spring Semesters. No orientation is necessary for Summer Term.
- Visit the Orientation website to view a complete schedule of orientation dates. During the orientation, students will meet with a counselor, develop an initial student education plan, and register for classes.
- Make sure all holds are cleared and any outstanding balances paid before registering. Go to your Registration Readiness Dashboard through WebAdvisor. A video is available to help you access and understand the information.
- When your Registration period is open
(see the Academic Calendar for the desired semester),
register for classes online via WebAdvisor. See How to Register for Classes Using WebAdvisor.
Or, if a class is filled:
- Add to the waitlist and attend the first class session.
- Go to eCampus / Online Education for information and instructions for online classes. Students may contact Online Education at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with online classes or Canvas.
While you are waiting for your Registration period to open, you should be proactive and review the online course listings for the desired semester via WebAdvisor in “real time”. When viewing course offerings ahead of time online, you can determine which classes are open and pre-select those you want and save them as your Preferred Sections. This will save you time and effort when you are ready to register online at your appointment time.
- Print a copy of your class schedule from WebAdvisor to confirm registration and check for errors.
- Purchase books online on the Ohlone College Bookstore website or visit the Ohlone College Bookstore on the Fremont campus.
If you want to change your schedule by adding or dropping classes, use WebAdvisor:
Once you have completed each of the steps above, the Enrollment Process has been successfully completed! Attend classes! Thank you for choosing Ohlone College.
Additional Services for Ohlone College Students
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- EOPS / CARE / CalWORKs
- Disabled Students Programs and Services
- Study Abroad
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".