Skip announcements.

Skip College Resources section.

Steps for Enrollment - Admissions and Records

Who May Apply

Admission to Ohlone College is open to anyone who is a high school graduate, has a high school equivalency certificate or General Educational Development (GED), or is 18 years of age or older.

Students under 18 years of age qualify for admission by meeting one of the following requirements:

  • Graduating from high school.
  • Passing the California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) or General Educational Development (GED) Examination.
  • Meeting the K-12 admission requirements.

Students under 18 years of age are expected to provide the information pertaining to parents on the back of the Application for Admission. They must also submit proof of high school graduation or equivalent (CHSPE or GED).

Student Success and Support Program

The intent of the Student Success and Support Program is to increase student access and success through the provision of core matriculation services. These services include:

  • orientation,
  • assessment and placement,
  • counseling,
  • advising,
  • and other education planning services

with the goal of providing students with the support services necessary to assist them in achieving their educational goal and declared course of study.

All new students are expected to participate in each of the components unless they:

  1. have earned a college degree (associate degree or higher);
  2. are enrolled in Kindergarten-12th grade while taking Ohlone College courses.
  3. are enrolling solely to take a course legally mandated for employment or necessary to meet changed industry or licensure standards;
  4. are enrolling for a reason other than career development or advancement; transfer; earning a degree or certificate; or completing a Basic Skills or ESL course sequence.
  5. are enrolling only in Summer classes.

Get information about exemptions from the Orientation website.

Ohlone College agrees to assessment, placement, orientation, counseling, advising, and other student education planning services.