Individual registration appointments are emailed to all continuing students before the first day of registration for the coming semester. Appointments are assigned on the basis of a declared academic program (major) and the number of Ohlone College units earned toward that program. In line with State regulations, continuing students lose their registration priority if they are in probationary or dismissal status for two consecutive semesters or they have earned more than 100 degree-applicable units. An Appeal for Loss of Enrollment Priority (PDF) is available to students who lose registration priority.
Step 1 – Plan individual course schedule and educational program
- Meet with a Counselor to decide which courses to take.
- Follow-up with a Counselor to decide on an academic program, develop a Student Education Plan (SEP), declare a major, develop transfer and career goals, or take other steps toward meeting personal educational objectives.
Step 2 – Determine prerequisite eligibility
- Check with a Counselor to determine whether prerequisites for English and/or math courses have been met.
- Make an appointment with the appropriate Academic Dean for questions about prerequisites in subjects other than English or math. To make an appointment with the Academic Dean, see the website for the appropriate division for office locations and telephone numbers.
Step 3 – Register and pay for classes
- Register and pay for classes using WebAdvisor. Learn How to Access and Use WebAdvisor.
- Registration dates for continuing students can be found on the Academic Calendar.
- Payment must be received within five (5) calendar days of registration or students may be dropped for non-payment. Go to Fees for further information.
Students who have declared an academic major will be given an earlier registration appointment for the next term. Students who have not yet declared a major should see a counselor.
Step 4 – Attend Classes
Be sure to attend the first class session. If you do not attend the first class session, the instructor may drop you from the class.Skip plugin notice.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".