- Cashier's Office
- Financial Aid
- Placement Testing
- Student ID Cards
- Student Resources
- For international students, go to Admissions for International (F-1 Visa) Programs and Services.
- For Kindergarten-12th grade students (pre-high school and high school), go to Kindergarten-12th Grade Special Admission.
- For Registered Nursing, Physical Therapist Assistant, and Respiratory Therapist programs, go to Health Sciences Programs.
All new students are expected to participate in each of the following matriculation components, unless they meet an exception.
Follow these steps to complete the Ohlone College Enrollment Process:
Step 1 – Apply for Admission - Apply online via WebAdvisor
- Submitting an online application is the fastest way to become an Ohlone College student. Students will be sent an email confirming that the application has been received and the admission process is completed. A Student ID Number will be emailed to the student two or three business days after the application is submitted. The application should be submitted as early as possible in order to ensure the earliest possible registration times.
- Students need to sign up for a WebAdvisor account once the Student ID Number is received. A WebAdvisor account is necessary to register, add, drop, waitlist, and pay for classes online.
- Paper applications are also available in the printed Class Schedule or by downloading and printing the Application for Admission (PDF) and should be submitted to the Office of Admissions and Records on the Fremont campus in Room 7249 or the Student Services Center on the Newark campus in Room NC1312. All information requested on the application must be provided. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Residency and immigration information for students who are not U.S.citizens must be submitted to the Office of Admissions and Records on the Fremont campus or the Student Services Center on the Newark campus.
- Students should submit official transcripts from all prior institutions and high school (if graduated from high school within the last five years) to the Office of Admissions and Records on the Fremont campus or the Student Services Center on the Newark campus.
- Additional admission requirements exist for Kindergarten-12th grade students and Health Sciences Programs (Registered Nursing [RN], Physical Therapist Assistant [PTA], and Respiratory Therapist [RT]).
- Application packets for the Registered Nursing program are only available by attending a pre-nursing orientation. The Respiratory Therapist and Physical Therapist Assistant application packets are available on the respective program's website. Please contact the Health Sciences and Environmental Studies Division Office at (510) 742-3100 for program information.
- Application packets for Kindergarten-12th grade students are available online or from the Office of Admissions and Records on the Fremont campus or the Student Services Center on the Newark campus.
- International students who have or wish to obtain the F-1 Student Visa must submit a completed International Student Application to the Ohlone College International Programs and Services Office. International Student Application forms, including detailed instructions about how to apply, are available on the International Programs and Services website and at the International Programs and Services Office.
- Placement Tests are required for all students enrolling in English or math or in classes with English or math prerequisites. See Placement Testing Center for dates and more information.
- Log in to EdReady for Ohlone. Take a diagnostic test to determine readiness for the Accuplacer Math Placement Test, then follow a personalized study path to help place higher when the Math Placement Test is taken.
Did You Know…?
Ohlone has 21 approved Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADTs); these associate degrees are in Anthropology, Art History, Business Administration, Communication Studies, Early Childhood Education, Economics, English, Geography, Geology, History, Journalism, Kinesiology, Mathematics, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish, Studio Arts, and Theatre Arts.
Admission to the California State University is guaranteed to any California community college student who earns an Associate Degree for Transfer.
- New Student Orientation is a vital step in each student's successful partnership with Ohlone College. Completion of the orientation requirement is mandatory for all new students except for those who meet an Orientation exemption.
- Go to New Student Orientation for information on the New Student Orientation requirement.
- Orientation is designed to assist students in developing and realizing their educational goals, and includes the following information:
- Ohlone College resources and services
- study skills and other strategies for college success
- math and English placement results
- one-on-one advising with an Ohlone College counselor
- creation of an initial student education plan
- registration for classes
- students' rights and responsibilities
- requirements for associate degrees and/or transfer
- New Student Orientation schedules are available at the Placement Testing Center, Counseling Department in Building 7 on the Fremont campus, and the New Student Orientation website.
- Sign up for WebAdvisor services. WebAdvisor allows students to register, waitlist, add, drop, or pay for classes, as well as access a variety of other services
- Learn How to Access and Use WebAdvisor. Learn How to Register for Classes Using WebAdvisor.
- Registration dates for new and former students can be found on the Academic Calendar.
- Payment must be received within five (5) calendar days of registration or students may be dropped for non-payment. Go to Fees for further information.
Be sure to attend the first class session. If you do not attend the first class session, the instructor may drop you from the class.Skip plugin notice.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".