Important: Policy for Repeating Courses has Changed
The California Community College Board of Governors passed revisions to Title 5 regarding course repetition effective Summer 2012.
Students will only be allowed to enroll in a course not designated as "repeatable" (ENGL-101A, for instance) three times if they received a substandard grade (D, F, NP, or NC) or withdrew from the class with a W.
These new regulations were applied retroactively so enrollments prior to Summer 2012 will be counted towards the three times, and any student who has already taken a course the maximum number of times will no longer be able to take the same course at Ohlone College. Please refer to Repeating Courses for more information.
When Do Classes Start? - Admissions and Records
- Instruction begins: Monday, January 27
- Last day of instruction before Final Exams: Friday, May 16
- Final exams: Saturday, May 17 - Friday, May 23
- Last day of semester: Friday, May 23
- Graduation Ceremony: Friday, May 23
All full-term (16-week) Spring 2014 classes have a start date of Monday, January 27, 2014, even if the section does not meet on Mondays. For example, ENGL-101A-01 has these dates in the Class Schedule: 1/27/14-5/23/14, although the class meets only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The first meeting for this class will be on Tuesday, January 28, 2014, not Monday, January 27, 2014, because this class does not meet on Mondays.
- Instruction begins: Monday, June 16
- Final exams: Last day of class
- Last day of instruction/term: Thursday, July 24