About Ohlone College and the Bay Area - Ohlone College Renegades Athletics
The Ohlone College Campuses
The Ohlone College Fremont campus is located in the Mission Hills of Fremont, California on a 534-acre hillside site, complete with spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Located in the southeastern part of the Bay Area, in the heart of the Silicon Valley, Ohlone's Fremont campus is 13 miles from San Jose, 25 miles from Oakland and 35 miles from San Francisco. (Fremont Campus Map and Directions.)
The $10 million Hyman Center for Business and Technology houses computers labs and classrooms complete with programming, multimedia, graphics, Microsoft Office and internet access for the campus community.
The Gary Soren Smith Center for the Fine and Performing Arts has a 405-seat theatre, a 200-seat theatre, two television broadcast studios, a radio station, a 600-seat outdoor amphitheater, a dance studio and an art gallery.
Ohlone is home to the Gallaudet University Regional Center - West and has the largest deaf student population in the West.
The Ohlone College Newark Center for Health Sciences and Technology opened in January 2008. Awarded LEED Platinum Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council, the highest achievable level of sustainability, the campus serves as a model for other colleges to follow. It is a building that teaches responsible, sustainable resource management both by example and by intentions.
The Ohlone College faculty consists of 117 full-time faculty and approximately 325 part-time faculty. Instructors are required to have a Master's Degree in their field and about 18 faculty currently hold Doctorate degrees.
The Libraries/Learning Resources Centers on the Fremont and Newark Campuses provide research assistance and instruction to students, along with onsite and remote access to library collections including: 80,000 print and electronic book volumes, 70 periodicals in print format, web-based access through 38 databases to over 40,000 journals and newspapers, and 15,000 audiovisual materials.
Ohlone enrolls almost 17,000 students per year at our Fremont and Newark campuses and online.
The name "Ohlone" honors the early Ohlone people of the Costanoan tribe who inhabited the Fremont area. Distinguished by peaceful pursuits, they held profound reverence for the earth, believing it was theirs for living and not taking. About Ohlone.
The City of Fremont
“High tech area with small-town charm"
- Fremont, CA is a city that has achieved nationwide recognition for a quality of life that business, industry and families all seek.
- Fremont is the fourth largest city in the San Francisco Bay Area in population (210,000) and with an area of 93 square miles, it is the second largest in size.
- Known as "The Most Kid Friendly City in the Bay Area."
- National Civic League named the City of Fremont as one of the year's top ten "All American Cities."
- Fremont has an ethnically diverse population, thereby providing excellent opportunities to utilize cultural differences as learning experiences within the community.
- 35-minute drive to San Francisco.
The San Francisco Bay Area
- San Francisco offers many recreational and sightseeing opportunities, including:
- The Bay Area is one of the premier places to watch sporting events, hosting teams such as:
- San Francisco is host to many festivals, concerts, museums, and it’s numerous other activities make it the World's Most Visited City according to the readers of Condé Nast Traveler magazine.
This web page is part of the official Ohlone College website. Any Ohlone College Athletics-related information that may appear on other websites is not official and may not be accurate.