2007-2008 Men's Basketball Season Summary - Ohlone College Renegades Men's Basketball
Photo credit: Donald Jedlovec Photography.
- Fresno slips past Ohlone - March 9, 2008, Inside Bay Area - "The Ohlone College men's basketball team gave quite an effort in the semifinals of the NorCal playoffs Saturday night, but the Renegades fell to Fresno City 64-62."
- Ohlone looks forward to rematch - March 8, 2008,Inside Bay Area - "The last time the Ohlone College men's basketball team played in Fresno, the outcome wasn't so good. … [M]ost of these Ohlone players can't tell you about the game. That's because this team consists of only three sophomores, who saw little-to-no-action and some of whom also see little-to-no-action on this year's team."
- Renegades advance in California Community College Playoffs - March 5, 2008, Tri-City Voice - "With a 70-62 home victory over No. 10 ranked Cabrillo College of Aptos on Friday, Feb. 29, No. 7 ranked Ohlone College moved on to second round play in the 16 team Nor Cal Region Tournament."
- College basketball season roundup - March 5, 2008, Tri-City Voice - "The Renegades (20-10, 9-3) came in second in the Coast Conference North standings, but are currently playing well in the state basketball playoff tournament."
- Alumni News: Cal State spark-plug Renardo Bass has come a long way - March 3, 2008, The Press-Enterprise - "Ohlone College built a double-digit first-half lead, saw it evaporate in the second half, then fought back to beat Chabot on Saturday, 76-66."
- Chabot technicals cap Ohlone's win - February 24, 2008, Inside Bay Area - "Ohlone College built a double-digit first-half lead, saw it evaporate in the second half, then fought back to beat Chabot on Saturday, 76-66."
- From Ohlone to Ohio: Bobcat guards adjust to life after junior college - February 3, 2008, Speakeasy Magazine - "[Bert] Whittington made the decision to play for the Bobcats after two years of junior college ball at Ohlone College in Fremont, Calif., when best friend, roommate and fellow Bobcat guard Hester convinced him it would be a good idea."
- Ohlone wins with defense - January 31, 2008, Inside Bay Area - "In a key matchup between two of the top squads in the Coast Conference North Division, the Ohlone College men's basketball team turned to defense to break open a tight game, claiming a 68-59 victory over host Chabot in the process."
- Ohlone's defense tough: Renegades bury Las Positas, 88-56 - January 24, 2008, Inside Bay Area - "Before Christmas, the Ohlone College men's basketball team was giving up 75 points per game. It was a stat deemed unacceptable by coach John Peterson—so getting better on defense became one of his primary focuses. The work is starting to pay off…"
- Ohlone's defense fails vs. Cabrillo - January 6, 2008, Inside Bay Area - "During Ohlone College's run to the California Junior College Elite Eight last year, it encountered few teams that shared its type of competitive spirit."
- Former Ohlone College star making it in NCAA Division I basketball - December 4, 2007, Tri-City Voice - "Last year, 2006-2007, Gardner's final one at Ohlone, he made first team all league, was the conference MVP and the major reason the Renegades ended up with an overall record of 28-4."
- Ohlone seeks own tournament title: Renegades lack experience, but have 7-foot transfer from Rhode Island plus two 6-9 players - November 8, 2007, Inside Bay Area - 'Since its inception in 2004, the Jonathan Wallace Memorial Tournament at Ohlone College has grown into a high-caliber East Bay junior college basketball event. There's just one problem, according to Ohlone men's coach John Peterson. "We haven't won it," Peterson said.'
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".
This web page is part of the official Ohlone College website. Any Ohlone College Athletics-related information that may appear on other websites is not official and may not be accurate.