Article, 2007 Season - Women's Softball
Softball version of March Madness coming to Fremont
By Biff Jones.
Tuesday, March 6, 2007—Reprinted from Tri-City Voice.
March Madness, Fremont-style, is coming to Central Park [see address below], Saturday and Sunday, March 10 and 11 on fields 3, 4, 5, and 6. This version of March Madness is in the form of women's softball. Sixteen teams from community colleges across Northern and Central California will participate with each team playing three games on Saturday, then one to three more games on Sunday.
Ohlone College of Fremont is hosting, with Chabot College of Hayward also participating. This tournament will start out with four pools of four teams each. Pools, the teams and team locations are as follows:
- Pool A: Diablo Valley (Pleasant Hills), Hartnell (Salinas), San Mateo, Siskiyous (Weed)
- Pool B: Feather River (Quincy), Ohlone, Porterville, Yuba (Marysville)
- Pool C: De Anza (Cupertino), Napa, San Jose City, Shasta (Redding)
- Pool D: Chabot, Los Medanos (Pittsburg), Redwoods (Eureka), Solano (Fairfield)
Games on Saturday will be played on all four fields starting at 9 and 11 a.m.; then 1, 3, 5 and 7 p.m.
Sunday's games will be divided into two brackets, Gold (Championship) and Silver (Consolation). The top two teams from each pool Saturday play will advance to the Gold bracket with the bottom two teams in the Silver bracket.
The four quarter-final games of the Silver bracket start at 9 a.m. Sunday, and four quarter-final games of the Gold bracket begin 11 a.m. Then at 1 p.m. will be the four semi-final games (two from each bracket) with the two finals at 3 p.m.; Gold plays on Field 3; Silver on Field 4.
Don't forget to reset your clocks Sunday morning, 2 a.m., or you'll be late for those games. Daylight savings time begins earlier this year, and ends later.
- Daily admission: adults $5; kids 12 and under $3; seniors $3
- High school students: free with pass
- You will need to get stamped if you want to re-enter.
This web page is part of the official Ohlone College website. Any Ohlone College Athletics-related information that may appear on other websites is not official and may not be accurate.