Article, 2009 Season - Ohlone College Renegades Women's Softball
Kelly Colker is Tri-City Voice Sports Female Athlete of the Month for May 2009
Friday, May 1, 2009—Reprinted from Tri-City Voice Sports.
Tri-City Voice Sports has named Kelly Colker, a sophomore pitcher for the Ohlone Renegades Community College softball team, May Female Athlete of the Month for her accomplishments last month. Colker is also a 2007 graduate of Newark Memorial High School.
Colker is vital to the Renegades success. She trots to the pitching mound and just gets people out, time after time. Colker ended the regular season with a 21-6 record and is awaiting the post season playoffs.
When notified of her award, Kelly was asked the following questions by TCV.
- TCV: What is your college major?
- KC: Right now I don’t have a major, I am just doing my general education. So I guess you can say my major is undeclared.
- TCV: What do you plan to do after college?
- KC: After college I plan on getting my career started as a wedding/event planner and eventually having a family.
- TCV: What is your favorite hobby outside of softball?
- KC: MY favorite hobby outside of softball is listening to music and just hanging out with my friends.
- TCV: Who is you hero?
- KC: I have two heroes. My Mom and my Dad.
- TCV: What athlete did you look up to growing up?
- KC: Growing up I looked up to Barry Bonds.
- TCV: What is your favorite food, movie, musician, and subject?
- KC: Favorite food, pizza; favorite movie, Mean Girls; favorite musician, Christina Aguilera; favorite subject, softball.
- TCV: Do you have any superstitions you do before or after a game?
- KC: Before the game when we put on eye black, I am always the 3rd to the last person to put my eye black on.
- TCV: Do you plan to go on to a four year school and play softball at the next level?
- KC: Yes, I would like to do both.
- TCV: In which schools are you interested?
- KC: Hawaii-Hilo, Cal State Northridge and Chico State.
This web page is part of the official Ohlone College website. Any Ohlone College Athletics-related information that may appear on other websites is not official and may not be accurate.