2005-2006 Season Summary - Ohlone College Renegades Women's Basketball
The 2005-2006 Renegades enjoyed a very successful season. With a loaded sophomore class, the goals and the mission were well understood. This class demanded that Ohlone Women’s Basketball be given due respect. In their fight for respect the Lady Renegades brought down a few well-respected programs, including Sierra College twice; San Jose City, and Foothill College. This year’s squad even gave a scare to Nor-Cal’s number two team, Reedley, falling by a mere four points in the second round of play-offs.
State and Team Honors
Several players garnered Honors:
- Christina Vargas: Scholar-Athlete of the Year: 4.0 GPA.
- Alcha Strane: All-Conference; All-State Second Team; Number One in the State in Assists. Top 5 in Free-Throw Shooting; Three-Point Field Goals Made and Percentage; Top Ten in Scoring. Team MVP. All-Conference-Sierra Summit Tournament
- Laura Elliot: All-Conference; All-State Honorable Mention; State Rebounding Leader, Top 20. Team’s Offensive Player of the Year
- Jenna Nicholson: All-Conference; State Three-Point Field Goals Made and Percentage Top Ten; Team’s Rookie of the Year.
- Amanda Everett: All-Conference Honorable Mention. Team’s Defensive Player of the Year.
- Kaycie Zimmerman: All-Conference Honorable Mention. Team’s Best All-Around player. Co-Renegade of the Year. Took the most charges in all games. All-Conference-Sierra Summit Tournament MVP.
- Liezl Dacuycuy: Season ending injury, but was still able to earn Co-Renegade of the Year.
- Angelica Benjamin: Team’s Most Improved Player. One of the team’s best rebounders.
- Aoife Sands: Team’s Most Inspirational.
This web page is part of the official Ohlone College website. Any Ohlone College Athletics-related information that may appear on other websites is not official and may not be accurate.