2007-2008 Team Profile - Ohlone College Renegades Women's Basketball
About the 2007-2008 Team
Ohlone Women’s Basketball Team returns a very talent group. The new Renegade faces will find it very difficult to snag playing time from this highly talented group of athletes. In this returning class OCWBB Team features five 2006-2207 All-Coast Conference Players. Each of these players spent much time in the starting line-up. Quite a feat, as last year’s class featured THREE Full-Ride Scholarship Award Winners at Four-Year Universities. It is important to note that last year’s sophomore class featured, All-State and All-Conference MVP, Danesha Wright; All-State and All-Conference, Ceciley Johnson; and All-Conference Aoife Sands. All three of these players signed Full Ride Athletic Scholarships to a 4-year university.
The loss of these, and all the members of the talented 2007 graduating class will be felt, however; this sophomore class is willing AND able to step in, fill the void, AND continue the Renegade championship ways. The 2007-2008 sophomores are proven winners, as they were vital members of a very successful season. They, indeed, were tested and they have proven to have a winning spirit. This competitive class, comprised of Kelly Fisher, Le’Kreeya Hairston, Caprice Hall, Taylor Lyons, and Jenni Williams managed to NEVER lose on their home floor, garner a Coast Conference Championship, a State Play-Off berth, and finish the season with a stellar 26 wins and a mere 6 losses. Upon a successful freshman campaign, these sophomores have been working diligently in the (not so) off-season to ensure even greater achievements are garnered for the 2007-2008 Ohlone College Women’s Basketball Team.
To help facilitate team goal achievements, the Renegades will look to very capable transfers, Point Guard, Tytiana Tobin and Shooting Guard, Roma Silvestre. Ty was a highly touted Newark Memorial High School alum who accepted a full-ride basketball scholarship upon high school graduation. After spending a year afar, Ty opted to return home and represent her community. Ty is eager to take the reigns for her new Renegade team. It is expected that Ty will prove to be a capable floor general, one who lifts her team to greatness. The same words of praise spoken of Ty can be said of Roma Silvestre. Roma spent her first year at Chabot College, but opted for a new opportunity on the OC Hill. The Renegades will be looking to Roma for her shooting prowess, but more-over, for her intelligence and her leadership skills. Roma is the consummate player-coach and her basketball IQ will help the guide the team to inevitable success.
The team’s inevitable success is deemed a reasonable sentiment, as the above mentioned talent will be well supported by an extremely talented freshman class. This class includes Christina Dixon, Nompumelelo Ramatsoga, Geneaya Rogers, Casceal Swaggard, and Louise Valdez. Each freshman recruit was the leader and/or star of her high school team, in addition, these RISING STARS were on play-off championship driven teams. They chose Ohlone College to bring this winning focus to the Lady Renegades. Their championship experience will be utilized as a key ingredient to ensure that the Ohlone College 2007-2008 Women’s Basketball Team enjoys a CHAMPIONSHIP BANNER YEAR! This team’s motto: “Winners do what losers won’t!” THEY WILL WIN! The excitement of this team and their immeasurable potential is palpable!
Now lets meet the 2007-2008 Ohlone College Stars!
- #5 Forward, Kelly (FISH) Fisher (All Conference First Team), Washington High School
- #45 Center, Le’Kreeya (KEKE) Hairston (All Conference Hon. Mention), Deer Valley High School
- #14 Shooting Guard, Caprice (CAPRI SUN) Hall (All Conference Hon. Mention), American H.S.
- #22 Forward, Taylor (TAY) Lyons (All Conference Honorable Mention), James Logan High School
- ##00 Off-Guard, Jenni (BUBBA) Williams, El Cajon High School
- #4 Shooting Guard, Roma (AROMA) Silvestre, James Logan High School
- #32 Point Guard, Tytiana (TY)Tobin, Newark Memorial High School
- #10 Point Guard, Christina (STINA) Dixon, Menlo Atherton High School
- #12 Shooting Guard, Nompumelelo (LELO) Ramatsoga, St. Mary’s of South Africa
- #20 Off-Guard, Geneaya (REGGIE /NAY) Rogers, Milpitas High School
- #24 Forward, Casceal (WINDEX/CC) Swaggard, Oakland Technical High School
- #3 Forward, Louise (WEEZIE) Valdez, Milpitas High School
Lady Renegade's Coaches and Staff
- Head Coach, Elizabeth Stanley
- Assistant Coach, Edward Harris
- Assistant Coach, Julia Allender
- Assistant Coach, Ericka Mahler
- Assistant Coach, Latisha Jackson
- Assistant Coach, Mia Fisher
- Strength and Conditioning Coach, Jesse Burdick
- Academic Counselor, Dr. Kenn Waters
- Athletic Trainer, Cristela Fabio
- Athletic Director, Chris Warden
- Team Publicist, Susan Valenzuela
- Administrative Assistant, Megan Parker
Moved On! We wish our renegade sisters great success as they embark ontheir next education and life journey!
- Taylor Lyons: Missouri Western State University
- Caprice Hall: SF School of the Arts (first year athletic program)
- Jenni Williams: Marygrove College, Detroit
- Ceciley Johnson and KeKe Hairston: West Texas A&M
- Kelly Fisher: Ashford University, Iowa
- Ty Tobin: Graceland College, Iowa
- Lady Renegade, Roma Silvestre, has accepted an Academic Scholarship/Internship Opportunity from US Bank. This company not only paying Roma to work for them, but they are paying for her education at Cal State East Bay, Hayward, CA. Roma will remain in the Lady Renegade program as a Graduate Assistant. Both Roma and The Lady Renegades are very fortunate!
Ohlone Women's Basketball ink summer signees, July 23, 2008, Tri-City Voice - "The sun is not the only roundball on fire this summer. Basketball is torching the courts at Ohlone College in Fremont. The Ohlone Women's Basketball recruiting class is red hot. The Renegades are already steaming up the court with their style of play this summer."
2007-2008 State and Conference Awards
All State Honors:
- All State Honorable Mention: Sophomore #22 Taylor Lyons
All Coast Conference:
- All Conference First Team:
- Freshman #5 Kelly Fisher
- Sophomore #22 Taylor Lyons
- #24 Casceal Swaggard
- All Conference Honorable Mention:
- Freshman #10 Christina Dixon
- Sophomore #14 Caprice Hall
- Freshman #20 Ganeaya Rogers
- Sophomore #23 Ty Tobin
- Freshman #3 Louise Valdez
2007-2008 Team Awards
- Most Valuable Player: Taylor Lyons
- Best Offensive Player: Kelly Fisher
- Rookie Of The Year: Ganeaya Rogers
- Renegade Of The Year: Casceal Swaggard
- Defensive Player Of The Year: Casceal Swaggard
- Most Inspirational: Roma Silvestre
- Most Improved: Louise Valdez
- Robert And Tina Frey Service Award: Stephen and Jean Mcgrogan
Photo credit: Donald Jedlovec Photography.
This web page is part of the official Ohlone College website. Any Ohlone College Athletics-related information that may appear on other websites is not official and may not be accurate.