OHLONE COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Meeting Location: Cafeteria, Building 5, 2nd Floor & Room 5209
Minutes of Board Meeting
Page 1 of 5 Pages Board
Mr. Bob Brunton, President
Mr. Nick Nardolillo, Vice President
Mr. Garrett Yee, Member
Mr. Bill McMillin, Member
Mr. Dan Archer, Member
Mrs. Ruthe Foster, Member
Mr. John Weed, Member
Mr. Tristan Tilma, Student Member
Dr. Douglas Treadway, President/Superintendent & Board Secretary
Ms. Deanna Walston, Vice President Administration & Information Technology / Deputy Superintendent
Dr. James Wright, Vice President Instruction & Student Services / Deputy Superintendent
Mr. Ron Travenick, Associate Vice President Student Services
Mr. Dennis Keller
Ms. Barbara Tull
Ms. Linda Evers
Mr. Brunton called the meeting to order at
The roll was called. All were present except for Mr. Nardolillo who later arrived at
Pledge of Allegiance
Mr. Brunton led the pledge of the allegiance.
Approval of Minutes
1. (Attachment 1) Approval
of Minutes (
Motion Approved Moved/Foster/Seconded/McMillin/Passed
to approve minutes of
Communications from the Public
2. (Attachment 2) Recapitulation of Accounts Payable Warrants (
3. (Attachment 3) Recapitulation of Payroll Warrants (February, 2006)
4. (Attachment 4) Authorization of the Surplus of Personal Property
5. (Attachment 5) Confirmation of Employment Authorized by the President/Superintendent
6. (Attachment 6) Approval of New Classified Job Description – Information Systems Technologist
7. (Attachment 7) Approval of New Management Job Description – Manager, Human Resources
8. (Attachment 8) Approval of New Classified Job Description – Science Laboratory Coordinator/Biology Lab Technician
9. (Attachment 9) Approval of Revised Classified Job Description – Chemistry Laboratory Technician
10.(Attachment 10) Approval of Revised Classified Job Description –Biotechnology Laboratory Technician
11.(Attachment 11) Approval of Family Leave of Absence, Custodian
12. (Attachment 12) Advisory Committee Appointments for Special Programs
13.(Attachment 13) Advisory Committee Appointments for Occupational Programs
14.(Attachment 14) Approval
15. (Attachment 15) Out of State Student Travel for Conference Attendance
16.(Attachment 16) Probationary and Tenure Faculty Contracts
17.(Attachment 17) Approval of Award of Bid for Beverage Vending/Special Sponsorship
(Attachment 18) Approval
to Rescind Award of Contract (Best, Inc.) and Reject all Bids for Bid
#215-1005, Metal Panels/Arch. Sheet Metal/ Louvers/Exp. Joint Assys.
Motion Approved Moved/Foster/Seconded/Tilma/Passed to approve the consent agenda, items 2-18. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Weed, Foster, Archer, McMillin, Yee, Brunton; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Nardolillo; (Advisory Vote - Aye: Tilma).
To the Board for Discussion and/or Action
19. (Attachment 19) Conference with Legal Counsel on Board of Trustees Election Policies and Membership
Motion was made by Mr. McMillin, recommending that the Board proceed forward with the existing Board Policies regarding trustee elections and membership and that no further research from legal counsel would be required.
Motion Approved Moved/McMillin/Seconded/Archer/Passed to approve the recommendation that the Board proceed forward with the existing Board Policies regarding trustee elections and membership and that no further research from legal counsel would be required. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Foster, Archer, McMillin, Yee, Nardolillo; Noes: Weed, Brunton; Abstain: 0; Absent: 0; (Advisory Vote - Aye: Tilma).
20. (Attachment 20) Legislative Presentation (Patrick McCallum)
Information item only.
21. (Attachment 21) Ohlone Community College District General Obligation Bond Updated Project Report
Information item only.
22. (Attachment 22) Approval of the 2006-2007 Budget Planning Calendar
Motion Approved Moved/Nardolillo/Seconded/Yee/Passed to approve the 2006-2007 budget planning calendar. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Weed, Foster, Archer, McMillin, Yee, Nardolillo, Brunton; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: 0; (Advisory Vote - Aye: Tilma).
23. (Attachment 23) Approval for Project Assignment #9 with tBP Architecture for Exterior Wall System Repair and Coating, Bldgs. 1-6, 8 & 9 Investigation, Design and Bidding Service
Motion Approved Moved/Archer/Seconded/Weed/Passed to approve Project Assignment #9 with tBP Architecture for an amount not to exceed $136,258.00 which includes reimbursables. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Weed, Foster, Archer, McMillin, Yee, Nardolillo, Brunton; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: 0; (Advisory Vote - Aye: Tilma).
Reports and Announcements
Dr. Treadway announced that nine applications have been received for the six slots for the Bond Oversight Committee. The screening subcommittee will include Mr. Brunton, Mr. McMillin, Pat Danielson and Dr. Treadway. The screening subcommittee will interview all applicants and will submit a recommended list of candidates to the Board for approval.
Agenda Items for Future Meetings
Closed Session Time:
24. (Attachment 24) Public Employee Discipline/Dismissal/Release
(Government Code Section 54957)
No reportable action items.
Return to Open Session Time: