Board of Trustees for the Ohlone Community College District
Board of Trustees Update
As of the March 8, 2006 Board Meeting
- The following new job descriptions were approved: Information Systems Technologist, Manager of Human Resources, and Science Laboratory Coordinator/Biology Lab Technician.
- The following revised job descriptions were approved: Chemistry Laboratory Technician and Biotechnology Laboratory Technician.
- The appointments for the advisory committees for both the Special and Occupational Programs were approved.
- The Board approved the appointments to the Smith Center Community Advisory Board.
- A request for out of state student travel was approved.
- The Board approved the probationary and tenure faculty contract renewals as proposed by Dr. Jim Wright.
- The Pepsi Bottling Group was awarded a 5 year term contract for exclusive beverage vending and sponsorship funding.
- The contract that was awarded to Best, Inc. for metal panels/arch. sheet metal/ louvers/exp. joint assys for $2,77,500.00 was rescinded and all bids for bid #215-1005, metal panels/arch. sheet metal/louvers/exp. joint assys were rejected.
- After conference with legal counsel, the Board decided to proceed forward with the existing Board policies regarding trustee elections and membership.
- The 2006-2007 budget planning calendar was approved.
- The Board approved Project Assignment #9 with tBP Architecture for exterior wall system repair and coating, buildings 1-6, 8 & 9 investigation, design and bidding service.
If you would like to review any of the corresponding documents , please visit the Board of Trustees Documents Index for this meeting.
Agenda Items for Future Meetings
- March 29, 2006 -
- Board Workshop / Shared Governance
- Jeff O'Connell's Sabbatical Leave Presentation
- Newark Center Bids
- Music Department Presentation
- Foundation Presentation
- April 26, 2006 -
- Deaf Studies Division Presentation
- Marketing Presentation
- May 24, 2006 -
- OCNC Education Plan Update
- Board Self Evaluation
- June 14, 2006 - Distance Education
Date for Next Meetings
- March 29, 2005 - 7:00 PM, Child Development Center
- April 12, 2006 - 7:00 PM, Newark Unified School District Administration Building