OHLONE COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Meeting Locations: Green
Minutes of Board Meeting
October 11, 2006 ADOPTED
Page 1 of 5 Pages
Mr. Nick Nardolillo, Vice President
Mr. Bill McMillin, Member
Mr. Dan Archer, Member
Mr. John Weed, Member
Ms. Sahar Yousef, Student Member
Dr. Douglas Treadway, President/Superintendent & Board Secretary
Ms. Deanna Walston, Vice President Administration & Information Technology / Deputy Superintendent
Dr. James Wright, Vice President Instruction & Student Services / Deputy Superintendent
Mr. Ron Travenick, Associate Vice President Student Services
Ms. Elizabeth Silva
Ms. Susan Myers
Ms. Linda Evers
Mr. Stewart Dawson
Closed Session Time: 2:40 p.m.
1. (Attachment 1) Conference with Real Property Negotiator (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Conference with and instructions to negotiators and real estate agents regarding the District’s review, consideration, and possible approval of a nonbinding letter of intent with Sobrato Development Company with regard to the lease of certain portions of the District’s surplus real property located on Mission Boulevard in Fremont, California , adjacent to its Ohlone College campus.
No reportable action was taken.
Mr. Nardolillo called the meeting to order at 3:20 p.m.
The roll was called. All were present except for Mr. Yee, Ms. Foster and Mr. Brunton.
Pledge of Allegiance
Mr. Nardolillo led the pledge of the allegiance.
Approval of Minutes
2. (Attachment 2) Approval of Minutes (September 27, 2006 Board Meeting)
Motion Approved Moved/McMillin/Seconded/Archer/Passed to approve minutes of September 27, 2006. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Archer, Weed; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Brunton, Yee, Foster (Advisory Vote - None).
Nick Nardolillo indicated that agenda item 20 was postponed to the next Board meeting.
Sahar Yousef was sworn in by Board Secretary Treadway as the Student Trustee for 2006-07.
Reorganization of Board of Trustees
Motion Approved Moved/Weed/Seconded/Archer/Passed to nominate Nick Nardolillo as Board President and Bill McMillin as Vice President, effective this meeting. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Archer, Weed; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Brunton, Yee, Foster (Advisory Vote - Aye: Yousef).
Communications from the Public
Alan M. Kirshner regarding Faculty Senate resolutions presented to the Board on September 27, 2006.
Alex Starr, League of Women Voters, regarding Ohlone Board Policy for communication from the public and funding for the Student Services building.
3. (Attachment 3) Recapitulation of Accounts Payable Warrants (September 6, 2006 – October 3, 2006)
4. (Attachment 4) Recapitulation of Payroll Warrants (September, 2006)
5. (Attachment 5) Confirmation of Employment Authorized by the President/Superintendent
6. (Attachment 6) Approval of Resignation; Campus Activities and Orientation Coordinator (Bly)
7. (Attachment 7) Approval of Resignation; Foundation Coordinator (Peebles)
8. (Attachment 8) Approval of Early Retirement (Dela Cruz)
9. (Attachment 9) Approval of Family Medical Leave of Absence; Desktop Support Tech II (Crisp)
10.(Attachment 10) Ratification of Contract Education Agreements
11.(Attachment 11) Approval of Resolution #07/06-07 Authorizing Designated Personnel to Sign Contract Documents for Fiscal Year 2006/07
12.(Attachment 12) Approval
of EDD Contract with
13.(Attachment 13) Approval
of Contract 206-0505-001, Amendment 1 with Consolidated Engineering
Laboratories for Special Inspection and Material Testing Services,
14.(Attachment 14) Approval
of Amendment of Contract for Cumulative Change Orders Issued to Top Grade
15.(Attachment 15) Approval
of Associated Students of
Motion Approved Moved/McMillin/Seconded/Archer/Passed to approve the consent agenda, items 3-15. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Archer, Weed; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Brunton, Yee, Foster; (Advisory Vote - Aye: Yousef).
To the Board for Discussion and/or Action
(Attachment 16) Revised
The Board requested to postpone discussion until the next Board meeting.
17. (Attachment 17) Approval of Resolution #06/06-07, Proposition 1D (formerly known as AB 127)
Motion Approved Moved/Weed/Seconded/McMillin/Passed to approve supporting Proposition 1D (formerly known as AB 127), the Kindergarten-University Public Education Facilities Bond Act of 2006. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Archer, Weed; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Brunton, Yee, Foster; (Advisory Vote - Aye: Yousef).
18. (Attachment 18) Approval of Close Out of Various Measure A Bond Projects and Establishment of Miscellaneous Close Out Costs Project #3-99
Motion Approved Moved/McMillin/Seconded/Weed/Passed to approve the close out of various Measure A bond projects and establishment of Project #3-99 (Miscellaneous Close Out Costs). A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Archer, Weed; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Brunton, Yee, Foster; (Advisory Vote - Aye: Yousef).
19. (Attachment 19) Authorization to Suspend District Regulation 220.127.116.11 in Order to Ratify a Sole Source Purchase of Apple Computers
Motion Approved Moved/Weed/Seconded/McMillin/Passed to approve authorizing suspension of District Regulation 18.104.22.168 in order to ratify a sole source purchase of Apple computers. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Archer, Weed; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Brunton, Yee, Foster; (Advisory Vote - Aye: Yousef).
20. (Attachment 20) Consideration of Approval of Nonbinding Letter of Intent for the Lease of District Surplus Real Property
The Board requested that this topic be moved to the next Board meeting.
21. (Attachment 21) Measure A Bond Projects Update
Information item only
22. (Attachment 22) Discussion on Board Self Evaluation
a. Workshop will be held in February, 2007 regarding WASC accreditation self-study. Board sub-committee selected to include Bill McMillin, John Weed, and Dan Archer.
b. Administrative procedure needed regarding Governing Board Code of Ethics, Board sub-committee selected to include Nick Nardolillo, John Weed, Bill McMillin, and Doug Treadway (Administration).
c. Add to list of future agenda items “Utilization of funds generated from anticipated frontage lease / Board review of proposed project list provided by Administration and College Council, or Board statement regarding use of funds.”
To the Board for Information Only
23.(Attachment 23) Enrollment Presentation
Information item only
Reports and Announcements
Agenda Items for Future Meetings
Adjournment Time: 5:35 p.m.