Board of Trustees for the Ohlone Community College District
Board of Trustees Update
As of the October 11, 2006 Meeting
- Sahar Yousef was sworn in as Student Trustee for the 2006-07 term.
- The Board approved a motion to nominate Nick Nardolillo as Board President and Bill McMillin as Vice President, effective this meeting.
- The Board approved authorizing designated personnel to sign contract documents for the purpose of providing child care and development services for fiscal year 2006-07.
- The Board approved the EDD contract with Tri-Cities One Stop Career Center (Newark Center).
- The Board approved Contract 206-0505-011, Amendment 1 with Consolidated Engineering Laboratories for Special Inspection and Material Testing Services (Newark Center).
- The Board approved Amendment of Contract for cumulative change orders issued to Top Grade Construction (Newark Center).
- The Board approved Associated Students of Ohlone College budget for fiscal year 2006-07.
- The Board requested to postpone discussion of the revised Ohlone college mission statement to the next Board meeting (10/25).
- The Board approved Resolution #06/06-07, Proposition 1D (formerly known as AB 127).
- The Board approved the close out of various Measure A bond projects and establishment of miscellaneous close out costs (project #3-99).
- The Board approved the authorization to suspend District regulation 18.104.22.168 in order to ratify a sole source purchase of Apple computers.
- The Board requested to postpone the consideration of approval of a nonbinding letter of intent for the lease of District surplus real property until the Oct. 25 Board meeting.
- A presentation was given regarding Measure A bond projects.
- The Board requested a workshop be held in February 2007, regarding Ohlone's WASC accreditation self-study. The Board selected sub-committee members to include Bill McMillin, John Weed, and Dan Archer.
- The Board stated an administrative procedure is needed regarding the Governing Board's Code of Ethics. Board selected sub-committee members to include Nick Nardolillo, John Weed, Bill McMillin, and Doug Treadway (Administration).
- An enrollment presentation was given to the Board.
If you would like to review any of the corresponding documents, please visit the Board of Trustees Documents Index for this meeting.
Agenda Items for Future Meetings
- Utilization of funds generated from anticipated frontage lease / Board review of proposed project list provided by Administration and College Council, or Board statement regarding use of funds.
Date for Next Meetings
- October 25, 2006
- November 8, 2006
- December 13, 2006