OHLONE COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
43600 Mission Boulevard, Fremont, CA 94539
Meeting Location: Jackson Theatre (Fremont Main Campus)
Minutes of Board Meeting
March 14, 2007 ADOPTED
Page 1 of 4 Pages Board Approved 4/11/07
Mr. Nick Nardolillo, President
Mr. Garrett Yee, Vice President
Mr. Bill McMillin, Member
Mr. Bob Brunton, Member
Mr. John Weed, Member
Ms. Sahar Yousef, Student Member
Dr. Douglas Treadway, President/Superintendent & Board Secretary
Ms. Deanna Walston, Vice President of Business Services/Deputy Superintendent
Dr. James Wright, Vice President of Instruction/Deputy Superintendent
Mr. Ron Travenick, Vice President of Student Services
Ms. Leta Stagnaro
Ms. Susan Myers
Ms. Linda Evers
Mr. Stewart Dawson
Mr. Nardolillo called the meeting to order at 3:00 p.m.
The roll was called. All were present except Mr. Watters.
Pledge of Allegiance
Ms. Yousef led the pledge of the allegiance.
Approval of Minutes
1. (Attachment 1) Approval of Minutes (February 28, 2007 Board Meeting)
Motion Approved Moved/Yee/Seconded/McMillin/Passed to approve minutes of February 28, 2007. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Brunton, Yee, Weed; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Watters; (Advisory Vote – Aye: Yousef).
Communications from the Public
Alex Starr, League of Women Voters – Sunshine Week
Matt Wisman, Ohlone Baseball – Athletic Fields
Isabel Ramos, Ohlone Softball – Athletic Fields
Board requested to move agenda item #28 before #22. Agenda items #6, 8, 9, 10 and 11 were pulled from the consent agenda for discussion. Agenda item #21 was deferred to a future board meeting.
2. (Attachment 2) Recapitulation of Accounts Payable Warrants (February 7, 2007 –
March 6, 2007)
3. (Attachment 3) Recapitulation of Payroll Warrants (February, 2007)
4. (Attachment 4) Confirmation of Employment Authorized by the President/Superintendent
5. (Attachment 5) Approval of New Classified Job Description – Instructional Assistant
7. (Attachment 7) Approval of Adjunct Professors for Spring Semester, 2007 Addendum
12. (Attachment 12) Approval of Retirement; Executive Assistant to the Vice President/
Deputy Superintendent, Administration & Information Technology (Ordahl)
13. (Attachment 13) Approval of Retirement; Building Trades Maintenance Plumber (Schurtz)
14. (Attachment 14) Advisory Committee Appointments for Special Programs
15. (Attachment 15) Approval of Committee Appointments for Occupational Programs
16. (Attachment 16) Approval of Smith Center Community Board Members
17. (Attachment 17) Out of State Student Travel for Conference Attendance
18. (Attachment 18) Probationary and Tenure Faculty Contracts
19. (Attachment 19) Approval of Resolution #19/06-07 Emeritus Status for Trustee Dan Archer
20. (Attachment 20) Ratification of Contract Amendment with Glazier Iron Works, Inc. for
Miscellaneous Iron and Steel Stairs for the Ohlone College Newark
Center for Health Sciences and Technology
Motion Approved Moved/Weed/Seconded/Yee/Passed to approve consent agenda items
#2-5, 7, and #12-20. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo,
McMillin, Brunton, Yee, Weed; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Watters;
(Advisory Vote – Aye: Yousef).
To the Board for Discussion and/or Action
6. (Attachment 6) Approval of New CSEA Job Description – Special Programs Assistant
8. (Attachment 8) Approval of Resignation; Director, Ohlone College Foundation
9. (Attachment 9) Approval of Resignation; Instructor, Chicano Studies (Salinas)
10. (Attachment 10) Approval of Retirement; Associate Professor, Learning Resources Center
11. (Attachment 11) Approval of Retirement; Professor, Physical Education and Men’s Baseball
Motion Approved Moved/Brunton/Seconded/Weed/Passed to approve agenda items
#6, 8 ,9, 10 and #11. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin,
Brunton, Yee, Weed: Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Watters; (Advisory
Vote – Aye: Yousef).
28. (Attachment 28) Ohlone College Capital Projects and Priorities
The Board agreed to support Dr. Treadway’s request to pursue a proposal
for a land exchange. Trustee Brunton did not approve.
27. (Attachment 27) Fremont Campus Frontage Development
Regarding the Frontage Property, the Board proposed a workshop to be held
on April 4th at 7:00 p.m. to explore three options: obtain LOI; stop LOI
process and go to bid; consider Ohlone College as the developer.
22. (Attachment 22) Consideration of an Auditing Firm for Fiscal Years 2006-2007 through
Motion Approved Moved/Yee/Seconded/Weed/Passed to approve a contract with the auditing
firm Perry Smith LLP for fiscal years 2006-2007 through 2010-2011. A roll
call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Brunton, Yee, Weed,
Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Watters; (Advisory Vote – Aye: Yousef).
24. (Attachment 24) Approval of the 2007-2008 Budget Planning Calendar
Motion Approved Moved/Yee/Seconded/Brunton/Passed to approve, as modified, the
2007-2008 Budget Planning Calendar. A roll call vote was taken:
Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Brunton, Yee, Weed; Noes: 0;
Abstain: 0; Absent: Watters; (Advisory Vote – Aye: Yousef).
25. (Attachment 25) 2007 CCCT Board Election
Motion Approved Moved/Weed/Seconded/Yee/Passed to nominate Trustee Bill McMillin for the CCCT Board. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Brunton, Yee, Weed; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Watters; (Advisory Vote – Aye: Yousef).
26. (Attachment 26) Board Member Compensation (BP 2725)
Motion Approved Moved/Yee/Seconded/Weed/Passed to approve a 5% increase in monthly board compensation, to $277.83. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Yee, Weed; Noes: Brunton; Abstain: 0; Absent: Watters; (Advisory Vote – Nay: Yousef).
Open Session Adjourned Time: 6:45 p.m.
Closed Session Time: 6:50 p.m.
29. (Attachment 29) Public Employee Discipline/Dismissal/Release (Government Code Section 54957)
No reportable action items.
Adjournment Time: 7:15 p.m.