AP 4226 Multiple and Overlapping Enrollments - Administrative Procedures, Chapter 4 Academic Affairs
- Reference: Title 5 Sections 55007
A student may not enroll in two or more sections of the same repeatable credit course during the same term unless the length of the course provides that the student is not enrolled in more than one section at any given time.
A student may not enroll in two or more courses where the meeting times for the courses overlap, unless:
- The overlap is no more than five minutes per class session.
- The student provides a valid written justification statement. The justification must involve matters other than scheduling convenience, of the need for an overlapping schedule. The justification statement must be signed by the instructor involved and submitted to the Office of Admissions and Records before the student can register for the courses.
- The student makes up the overlapping hours at some other time during the same week under the supervision of the instructor of the course.
- The instructor maintains documentation that the student made up the hours of overlap in the course not attended as scheduled at some other time during the same week under instructor supervision.
- The Dean, Admissions and Records or designee approves the schedule.
Faculty Senate approved: February 20, 2013
Adopted: October 2013