BP 2355 Decorum - Board Policies, Chapter 2 Board of Trustees
- Reference: Education Code Section 72121.5; Government Code Section 54954.3 (b)
- Board Approved: 04/13/05
- Reviewed & Reapproved: 03/11/09
The following will be ruled out of order by the presiding officer.
- Remarks or discussion in public meetings on charges or complaints which the Board has scheduled to consider in closed session.
- Profanity, obscenity and other offensive language.
- Physical violence and/or threats of physical violence directed towards any person or property.
In the event that any meeting is willfully interrupted by the actions of one or more persons so as to render the orderly conduct of the meeting unfeasible, the person(s) may be removed from the meeting room.
Speakers who engage in such conduct may be removed from the podium and denied the opportunity to speak to the Board for the duration of the meeting.
Before removal, a warning and a request that the person(s) curtail the disruptive activity will be made by the President of the Board. If the behavior continues, the person(s) may be removed by a vote of the Board, based on a finding that the person is violating this policy, and that such activity is intentional and has substantially impaired the conduct of the meeting.
If order cannot be restored by the removal in accordance with these rules of individuals who are willfully interrupting the meeting, the Board may order the meeting room cleared and may continue in session. The Board shall only consider matters appearing on the agenda. Representatives of the press or other news media, except those participating in the disturbance, shall be allowed to attend any session held pursuant to this rule.