BP 7360 Discipline and Dismissals - Academic Employees - Board Policies, Chapter 7 Human Resources
- Reference: Education Code Section 87669, 87732
- Board Approved: 11/09/05
- Reviewed and Reapproved: 02/08/12
A contract or regular employee may be dismissed or penalized for one or more of the grounds set forth in Education Code section 87732. If the employee is to be penalized, the Board shall determine the nature of the penalties. If the Board decides to dismiss or penalize a contract or regular employee, it shall assure that each of the following has been satisfied:
- The employee has been evaluated in accordance with standards and procedures established in accordance with the provisions of Education Code Sections 87660 et seq., and any administrative procedure for evaluation contained in a collective bargaining agreement;
- The Board has received all statements of evaluation which considers the events for which dismissal [or penalties] may be imposed;
- The Board has received a recommendation from the President/Superintendent.
- The Board has considered the statements of evaluation and the recommendations in a lawful meeting.
If the Board decides it intends to dismiss or penalize a contract or regular employee, it shall take the actions required by the Education Code, and the President/Superintendent or designee shall thereafter assure that the employee is afforded the full post-termination due process required by the Education Code Sections 87666 through 87681, and 87740.
The President/Superintendent shall establish procedures that define the conditions and processes for dismissal, discipline, and due process and ensure they are available to employees.
See Administrative Procedure #7360.