BP 7385 Salary Deductions - Board Policies, Chapter 7 Human Resources
- Reference: Education Code Sections 87040; 87833; 87834; 88167
- Board Approved: 11/09/05
- Amended: 03/14/12
An employee may request reduction of his or her salary in any amount for any or all of the following purposes:
- participation in a deferred compensation program;
- District organizations and foundations;
- paying premiums on any policy or certificate of group life insurance or disability insurance or legal expense insurance, or any of them;
- paying rates, dues, fees, or other periodic charges on any hospital service contract.
The request provided for above shall be revocable by the employee.
The District shall [with or without charge] reduce the salary payment by the amount which the employee has authorized in writing for the purpose of paying his or her membership dues in any local, statewide or other professional organization. Revocation of such authorization shall be in writing and shall be effective beginning with the next pay period.
See Administrative Procedure #7385.