Recent Articles - Media Relations - Office of College Advancement
Some of the articles collected for the past few semesters are re-published on our website. Many of these articles were published in local newspapers or in the Ohlone College Monitor, our student-run newspaper. Earlier articles are available in our Articles Archive.
In addition, the Spotlight on Ohlone section of the Ohlone College website features articles about Ohlone College students, faculty and staff.
- Ohlone Student is Changing the Face of Engineering, August 25, 2015 - Ruchi Upadhyay, an electrical engineering major at Ohlone College, has a taste for competition. …And she likes to win. She has participated in local engineering competitions ever since high school and has been highly successful.
- Ohlone’s Welcome Day Introduces New Students to College, August 25, 2015 - Start the semester on the right track! New students can attend Welcome Day this Thursday, August 27, to prepare for the coming semester. The one-day event, held each year prior to fall semester, helps students get ready for college life, make new friends, and builds a path for them to have a successful experience in college.
- Ohlone College Building Project Receives Excellence in Planning Award, August 25, 2015 - Ohlone College’s Academic Core Construction Project received an Honor Award for Excellence in Planning from the Society for College and University Planning (SCUP). The recognition is based on thoughtful strategic planning by the design team and college personnel, based on a thorough review of the needs of the Ohlone College.
- Paramnesia photo series explores visual illusion, August 25, 2015, Tri-City Voice - The Louie-Meager Art Gallery at Ohlone College presents the photo series, "Paramnesia" by artist and Ohlone College photography instructor Naomi Vanderkindren.
- Ohlone College names head women's basketball coach, August 19, 2015, San Jose Mercury News - Most recently the girl's basketball coach at Sequoia High School in Redwood City, Steve Picchi has been named head coach of the women's basketball program at Ohlone College.
- Ohlone College names head women's basketball coach, August 18, 2015, Tri-City Voice - Ohlone College's Athletics Department has announced that Steve Picchi will join the College as head coach of the women's basketball program. Faculty members in Ohlone's Athletics Department are thrilled to add another permanent coach to the Renegades staff.
- Broadcasters Laud Bonded-Cell Advantages, August 3, 2015, TVTechnology - … The biggest appeal of bonded-cell technology is the low-cost reach it provides to ENG crews. “With our Comrex units, which connect via 4G to Verizon, we can do live news shoots all over San Francisco,” said Arnie Loleng, operations manager for Ohlone TV, a closed circuit/streaming TV channel operated by Fremont, Calif.-based Ohlone College’s broadcasting faculty. “As a community college on a budget, we can’t afford to use microwave or satellite trucks to train our students on ENG work. Bonded-cell lets us provide students with this invaluable training.”
- Case study: College uses ultra-low-flow water systems, July 21, 2015, Consulting-Specifying Engineer magazine - Toward the end of 2012, CannonDesign was hired to design three new buildings on an aging California community college campus. Ohlone Community College, nestled on the side of a very large hill in Fremont, Calif., had just begun what would be a lengthy and extensive remodel of the campus.
- Ohlone College Ranked #7 in Two-year Schools, July 2015, BestColleges.com - With more than 450 higher education institutions in California, choosing the best school for your needs can be overwhelming; not only do you need to decide on whether to attend a two-year or four-year college, you also have to mine through an extensive amount of government data to find the schools offering the best experience.
Earlier articles are available in our Articles Archive.