OHLONE COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
43600 Mission Boulevard, Fremont, CA 94539
Minutes of College Council
August 27, 2004 ADOPTED
Page 1 of 3 Pages
MEMBERS PRESENT: Tom Holcomb Doug Treadway
Dennis Keller Douglas Burns
Elizabeth Silva Connie Teshara
Wayne Takakuwa Debbie Tucker
Barbara Tull Linda Evers
Saad Siddiqui Patrick Lane
MEMBERS ABSENT: Faculty rep needed (Martha Brown replacement)
Staff rep needed (Keith Clark replacement)
One additional student needed
as amended with venue change.
· Dennis Keller welcomed Saad Siddiqui and Ban-Jin Tan as the new ASOC President and student representative, respectively, along with Wayne Takakuwa, as a new faculty representative. Dennis mentioned that one additional student rep is still needed.
· Dennis also mentioned that an additional representative from Staff, Student, and Faculty are needed to bring the Council to its full representation.
· Dennis reminded all College Council members to notify him if you plan to be absent from an upcoming meeting, and to assign an alternate to attend in your place.
Reminder that the purpose of task forces is to help make committee structure more efficient and integrated. Task forces will support the seven (7) goals and add definition to the work of the college.
· All interested faculty and staff should contact task force chairs to express interest.
· Review of committee structures under shared governance
Task forces will consist of:
Ø 2 representatives from College Council
Ø 2 administration
Ø 2 faculty
Ø 2 staff
Ø 2 students
Ø A representative from interested committees
· Task forces recommend to College Council what form the task force will take and come back to the group for ratification.
· Task force evaluates and determines if corresponding committees are needed or not.
o Task forces will come back to College Council with recommendations and information.
· Volunteers solicited for vacant co-chair positions. Task force co-chairs confirmed as follows:
College Council, Budget, and Strategic Planning
Co-chairs / Doug Treadway & Dennis Keller
International and Multi-Cultural Task Force (Goal 1)
Co-chairs / Tom Holcomb & Saad Siddique
Learning College Task Force (Goals 2 and 4)
Co-chairs / Jim Wright, Deanna Walston, Deb Parziale
Student Development Task Force (Goal 3)
Co-chairs / Lisa Waits, Debbie Tucker, Wayne Takakuwa
Community Service Task Force (Goal 5)
Co-chairs / Leta Stagnaro, Elizabeth Silva, Patrick Lane
Campus Environment and Facilities Task Force (Goal
Co-chairs / Ron Quinta, George Rodgers, Linda Evers, Douglas Burns
Resource Development Task Force (Goal 7)
Co-chairs / Robin Koelkebeck and TBA
· Volunteers solicited to develop College Council charter and by-laws. Volunteers included:
Ø Barbara Tull (ad hoc chair)
Ø Douglas Burns
Ø Dennis Keller
· The first College Council meeting each month will be dedicated to a “business” agenda (action items)
The second College
Council meeting each month will be dedicated to discussion and strategic planning
Dr. Treadway will
send most current version of Vision, Values, and Goals document with
“announcement” e-mail detailing Task Forces.
7. Agenda for Next Meeting
· Email Dennis Keller with any suggestions for future agenda items
· Budget Update – Deanna Walston
· Task Force report
· Next meeting September 10, 2004 (10:00 – 11:30 a.m. / location TBA)
Adjournment: (no formal adjournment – meeting ended at approximately 11:35 a.m.)