OHLONE COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Video Conference Room /
Minutes of College Council
MEMBERS PRESENT: Dennis Keller Doug Treadway
Connie Teshara Elizabeth Silva
Richard Grotegut Susan Myers
Saad Siddiqui Zane Gray
Kathleen Johnson Debbie Tucker
MEMBERS ABSENT: Ban-Jin Tan (arrived to attend the meeting, but no interpreter available)
Motion: Moved/Tucker; Second/Johnson
– Passed to approve the
· Susan Myers conducted review and discussion of the draft College Council By-laws, section by section. It was determined that a final review and vote to approve the By-laws will take place at the July 13 Council meeting.
Since structure of College Council has been
defined in the new Council By-laws and an “executive committee” will not be
formed, agenda item #3 does not need further discussion. Membership
of the Ohlone College Council will include 15 voting and 3 ex-officio
(non-voting) members. Composition of the Council is confirmed as follows:
i) Six faculty, appointed by the Faculty Senate.
ii) Two students, appointed by the Associated Students of Ohlone College (ASOC).
iii) Four classified staff:
a) Two classified staff appointed by CSEA
b) Two classified staff appointed by SEIU
iv) Three administrators, appointed by the President/Superintendent (one each from the following):
a) Academic Administrator
b) Classified Administrator
c) Confidential Staff
v) Three ex-officio (non-voting) members:
a) College President/District Superintendent
b) Vice President for Instruction & Student Services/Deputy Superintendent
c) Vice President for Administration & Technology/Deputy Superintendent
· As a reminder, the Council retreat is scheduled on Thursday, August 11, from at the Palmdale Estates “Best House”.
· Purpose: of the retreat is to consider major items, processes, task force organization. A planning and organizational retreat.
· Dr. Treadway soliciting input re: topics/issues to be discussed that day. Treadway will send e-mail asking for broad planning items for the coming year.
o 3-Title III
· Jim Wright provided update regarding Ohlone’s 6-year accreditation cycle. We're on 4th year of cycle. Mid-term report submitted in Fall was accepted. Follow-up due in November. Visit Instruction office website for accreditation details, report, links (called special attention to the “Guide for Evaluating Institutions”). Need to prepare for self-study.
Summer Meeting Schedule
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at