OHLONE COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Video Conference Room / Fremont Campus
43600 Mission Boulevard, Fremont, CA 94539
College Council Meeting Minutes
March 12, 2007 ADOPTED
MEMBERS PRESENT: Doug Treadway Sheldon Helms
Cheryl Lambert Tom Holcomb
Deanna Walston Joanne Schultz
Susan Myers Leta Stagnaro
Jill Rojas Jim Wright
Dave Schurtz Tim Roberts
Elizabeth Silva Linda Evers
MEMBERS ABSENT: Carrie Dameron
1. Environment Committee Briefing
George Rodgers reported on the first Sustainability Committee meeting:
· 20 people attended / 50 e-mails of interest
· Committees established:
· Curriculum committee
o Recycling/Reuse/Resource Reduction committee (goal 75% in 5 years)
o Transportation committee (bicycles, shuttles, carpooling)
o Building & land environments committee
o Water & Energy committee
o Community outreach committee
· Review of pending legislation regarding sustainability efforts
· In negotiations with AC Transit regarding shuttle between Ohlone & BART. Negotiating reduced rate for BART tickets.
· Shuttle between Newark & Fremont campuses?
· Carpool connection? Web-tool on our site? George in contact with RIDES to establish service.
· Website for sustainability committee will be available soon?
· EPA conference call today regarding our commitment to sustainable practices. Program put into accounting system that allows database for how we're spending our energy money, track savings in dollars. Establish baseline and determine progress. Utilities example: $1.6 million annual (gas, electric, water, waste).
· Next Sustainability Committee meeting:
1406 / Thursday 3:30 / Earth Day planning
3. Budget Analysis/Process
4. Program Review Requests for One-Time Funding
5. Review and discussion of all funding requests.
MEETING ADJOURNED: 4:30 p.m.