Drop-in Counseling Sessions - Counseling Department
The Fremont and Newark Counseling Centers will be open for drop-in counseling the following extended hours:
- Friday, January 20: 8:30am - 4:45pm
- Monday - Thursday: January 23-26: 8:30am - 5:45pm
- Friday, January 27: 8:30am - 4:45pm
- Friday, February 3: 8:30am - 1:00pm
Note: The Newark Counseling Center is closed from 12:00pm - 1:00pm.
- How to get a Drop-in Session
- Drop-in Session Hours
- Drop-in Session Guidelines
- No appointment is necessary to contact Online Counseling
- On the Fremont campus, you can stop by the Counseling Window in the lobby of the third floor of Building 7
- On the Newark campus, stop by the Newark Student Services Center in Room NC1312, first floor, Wing 3
Drop-in Session Hours
Drop-in counseling is generally available Mondays through Thursdays at both the Fremont and Newark campuses, and provides the opportunity for students to meet briefly with a counselor without scheduling an appointment.
Because drop-in counseling is limited to approximately 10 minutes, it is most suitable for questions that have a quick answer. Some examples include pre-requisite clearance, questions about placement tests, and overload requests.
Certain waivers and petitions can also be completed as drop-ins, provided you have all the necessary documentation (i.e., unofficial transcripts, testing scores from other colleges or institutions).
Longer issues, such as graduation evaluation, transfer evaluation, or creating a Student Education Plan require a scheduled appointment.