Drop-in Counseling Sessions - Counseling Department
The Fremont Counseling Department will be open from 9:00am to 5:00pm during Spring Break from March 19th to March 22nd (Monday through Thursday).
There will be no counseling services available at the Newark campus during Spring Break.
Regular counseling hours at both the Fremont and Newark counseling centers will resume on March 26th.
- How to get a Drop-in Session
- Drop-in Session Hours
- Drop-in Session Guidelines
- No appointment is necessary to contact Online Counseling
- On the Fremont campus, you can stop by the Counseling Window in the lobby of the third floor of Building 7
- On the Newark campus, stop by the Newark Student Services Center in Room NC1312, first floor, Wing 3
Drop-in Session Hours
Drop-in counseling is generally available Mondays through Thursdays at both the Fremont and Newark campuses, and provides the opportunity for students to meet briefly with a counselor without scheduling an appointment.
Because drop-in counseling is limited to approximately 10 minutes, it is most suitable for questions that have a quick answer. Some examples include pre-requisite clearance, questions about placement tests, and overload requests.
Certain waivers and petitions can also be completed as drop-ins, provided you have all the necessary documentation (i.e., unofficial transcripts, testing scores from other colleges or institutions).
Longer issues, such as graduation evaluation, transfer evaluation, or creating a Student Education Plan require a scheduled appointment.