Drop-in Counseling Sessions - Counseling Department
Summer Counseling Availability (May 22nd through August 17th)
The Fremont and Newark Counseling centers will be open Monday through Thursday from May 22nd to August 17th. (Closed May 29th and July 4th for holidays.)
- How to get a Drop-in Session
- Drop-in Session Hours
- Drop-in Session Guidelines
- No appointment is necessary to contact Online Counseling
- On the Fremont campus, you can stop by the Counseling Window in the lobby of the third floor of Building 7
- On the Newark campus, stop by the Newark Student Services Center in Room NC1312, first floor, Wing 3
Drop-in Session Hours
Drop-in counseling is generally available Mondays through Thursdays at both the Fremont and Newark campuses, and provides the opportunity for students to meet briefly with a counselor without scheduling an appointment.
Because drop-in counseling is limited to approximately 10 minutes, it is most suitable for questions that have a quick answer. Some examples include pre-requisite clearance, questions about placement tests, and overload requests.
Certain waivers and petitions can also be completed as drop-ins, provided you have all the necessary documentation (i.e., unofficial transcripts, testing scores from other colleges or institutions).
Longer issues, such as graduation evaluation, transfer evaluation, or creating a Student Education Plan require a scheduled appointment.