Counseling Appointments - Counseling Department
Notice to Students
During Ohlone’s peak registration period (mid-November to the end of December), counseling appointments fill up very quickly. During this period, counselors will be available to meet with students on Drop-in sessions. Drop-in counseling is generally limited to 10 minutes, but during this time counselors may extend the time in order to address all of your immediate concerns related to preparing for the Spring 2014 semester (selecting your courses, submitting petitions, registration questions, etc.). Appointments for complete Student Education Plans will resume in January.
Drop-in counseling is on a first-come first-serve basis and wait times typically are from 30-60 minutes.
- Fremont Campus Drop-in Counseling:
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00am - 11:30am, 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Holidays: Closed
- Newark Campus Drop-in Counseling:
- Monday-Thursday, call (510) 742-2340 for daily schedule
As counselors, we are concerned with the academic success of our students and wish to provide the highest quality services as possible.
Because transfer requirements and regulations can change from semester to semester, we feel students are best served by regular and consistent meetings with a counselor. We find that many students not only change their academic goals often but also experience some type of educational difficulties or stress, which may affect academic performance.
For these reasons, we recommend that you schedule at least two appointments per semester with a counselor so that we may review your educational and career goals as well as get to know you on a more individual basis.
- How to Schedule an Appointment
- Appointment Guidelines
- No appointment is necessary to contact Online Counseling
To schedule an in-person appointment please:
- Come by the Counseling Window (Building 7, third floor lobby, Fremont campus) or the Newark Student Services Center in Room NC1312, first floor, Wing 3 - see Counseling Hours for when the window is open
- Use our web-based Counseling Appointment Scheduling System
- Call the Counseling Department at the Fremont campus (510) 659-6110 or the Newark campus (510) 742-2340
Remember, you may always email a counselor for online assistance by using Online Counseling.
Please call or come by the Counseling Window or use our web-based Counseling Appointment Scheduling System for appointment hours.
Please notify us 24 hours in advance if you have to cancel an appointment by calling (510) 659-6110.
Counseling appointments are generally available most Mondays through Thursdays at both the Fremont and Newark campuses.
Appointments are scheduled one week in advance on a first-come, first-served basis. Appointments are typically 30 minutes, and are appropriate for longer issues such as Student Education Plans, graduation and/or transfer evaluation, General Education certification, career exploration, and choosing a major.
Students who have attended another college are advised to bring an unofficial transcript to the counseling appointment.