Counseling Appointments - Counseling Department
- The Fremont Counseling center will be open Monday through Thursday from July 1 - August 7 (closed on July 3-4).
- Drop-in counseling will be available from 10:00am to 12:00pm and from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. Counseling appointments will be available on a limited basis.
- The Newark Counseling center will be open Monday through Thursday from July 1-24 (closed on July 3-4).
- Drop-in counseling will be available from 10:00am to 12:00pm and from 1:00pm to 2:00pm. No counseling appointments will be available at the Newark Campus during this time.
- The Newark Counseling Center will be closed from July 25 - August 8.
Online Counseling will be available all summer.
As counselors, we are concerned with the academic success of our students and wish to provide the highest quality services as possible.
Because transfer requirements and regulations can change from semester to semester, we feel students are best served by regular and consistent meetings with a counselor. We find that many students not only change their academic goals often but also experience some type of educational difficulties or stress, which may affect academic performance.
For these reasons, we recommend that you schedule at least two appointments per semester with a counselor so that we may review your educational and career goals as well as get to know you on a more individual basis.
- How to Schedule an Appointment
- Appointment Guidelines
- No appointment is necessary to contact Online Counseling
To schedule an in-person appointment please:
- Come by the Counseling Window (Building 7, third floor lobby, Fremont campus) or the Newark Student Services Center in Room NC1312, first floor, Wing 3 - see Counseling Hours for when the window is open
- Use our web-based Counseling Appointment Scheduling System
- Call the Counseling Department at the Fremont campus (510) 659-6110 or the Newark campus (510) 742-2340
Remember, you may always email a counselor for online assistance by using Online Counseling.
Please call or come by the Counseling Window or use our web-based Counseling Appointment Scheduling System for appointment hours.
Please notify us 24 hours in advance if you have to cancel an appointment by calling (510) 659-6110.
Counseling appointments are generally available most Mondays through Thursdays at both the Fremont and Newark campuses.
Appointments are scheduled one week in advance on a first-come, first-served basis. Appointments are typically 30 minutes, and are appropriate for longer issues such as Student Education Plans, graduation and/or transfer evaluation, General Education certification, career exploration, and choosing a major.
Students who have attended another college are advised to bring an unofficial transcript to the counseling appointment.