Housing Scholarship - Counseling Department
About the City of Fremont Housing Scholarship Program
The City of Fremont Housing Scholarship program combines:
- affordable housing
- job training
- other support services
- Live or work in Fremont
- Have a 2.8 grade point average
- Must be in school a minimum of 12 weeks in order to apply
- Be within 18 months of graduation
- Be working towards a certificate or degree that leads to employment
- You must be 18 years old or be an emancipated minor.
- You must be a full-time student (12 units a semester).
- You must be drug-free or in recovery for at least 12 months.
- You must:
- Have NO previous evictions
- Have good credit history (this is preferred) - CCC is Ok
- Qualify under the income guidelines
How the Program Works
- If approved by the Advisory Board, you will be referred to an apartment in Fremont, and must meet a scholarship landlord's tenant selection criteria.
- Your rent will be reduced.
- After 18 months your rent will go up.
Other Rules for the Program
- You may not have overnight guests.
- You must agree to secure full-time employment after your graduation.
- You must provide adequate child care if you have children.
Steps to Apply
Mail all the requested documents to:
City of Fremont
Office of Housing & Redevelopment
ATTN: Janis Carey, Housing Counselor
39555 Liberty Street
Fremont, CA 94538
Contact Janis Carey to make sure your documents have been received:
What Happens Next?
- Once the Housing Counselor certifies that your application is completed, she will arrange for you to meet with the City's program coodinator.
Want More Information?
Key Contacts for the Program
- Mzao Waters: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janis Carey, City of Fremont Housing: (510) 494-4511, email@example.com
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".