Academic Standing Program Chart - Probation & Dismissal Information - Counseling Department
See the Academic Regulations policy in the Ohlone College Catalog for more information.
- If a student has attempted 12 or more units and has a cumulative grade point average (GPA) below a 2.0, or has 50% or more of their attempted units made up of “W”, “I”, “NC” grades.
- Probation - Student is blocked from registering for the next term
- Workshop - Student should be encouraged to attend the "Why Am I On Probation" Academic Standing Workshop (unless already attended, then choose another topic)
- If for two consecutive semesters a student's cumulative GPA is below a 1.75 and/or 50% or more of their total attempted units are made up of “W”, “I”, and/or “NC” grades.
- Subject to Dismissal - Student is blocked from registering for next term
- Workshop - Student must attend a Academic Standing Workshop which includes an advising session
- If for three consecutive semesters a student's cumulative GPA is below a 1.75 and/or 50% or more total attempted units made up of “W”, “I”, and/or “NC” grades.
- Dismissal - Student is blocked from registering for all future terms
- Reinstatement/Appointment - Student needs to see a counselor and petition for reinstatement. A student will need to repeat this step each semester they remain on dismissal status
Students on academic dismissal status will remain on dismissal until their overall GPA rises above a 1.75. Students on progress dismissal status will remain on dismissal until their “W”, “I”, and “NC” grades do not exceed 50% of their total attempted units. Students who have been reinstated need to repeat the reinstatement process for dismissal status each semester. If a student fails to meet the conditions outlined in their reinstatement contract they may not be approved for a future reinstatement contract.
The Academic Standing Program Chart (PDF) is available as a printable document.
Skip plugin info.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".