Curriculum Guides 2004-2005
(Fall 2004, Spring 2005, Summer 2005)
These curriculum guides are based on the Ohlone College 2004-2005 degree requirements. Students who will be graduating using a different catalog for their degree requirements should see a counselor and/or refer to the appropriate Ohlone College Catalog (view Ohlone's Catalog Rights Policy). All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review degree requirements and/or have questions answered.
Certificate of Achievement
This curriculum is designed to prepare students as broadcasters for careers in the radio industry and related fields (television, advertising, journalism). Students are encouraged to develop a wide variety of skills in order to be better prepared for a wide range of vocational opportunities. Placement often depends on audition tape; portfolio of scripts; willingness to relocate anywhere in the country; talent; job availability; and a thorough job search.
Requirements for AA Degree:
- Complete Major Field and Supporting Course with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete Plan A, B, or C General Education requirements. These are specified in the Ohlone College Catalog.
- Complete at least 60 degree-applicable units with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete at least 12 units at Ohlone College.
Requirements for Certificate of Achievement:
- Complete Major Field courses as indicated below.
- Complete at least six units at Ohlone College.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average in Major Field courses.
|BRDC-120||Introduction to Broadcasting||2|
|BRDC-123A||Radio Operations I||3|
|BRDC-123B||Radio Operations II||3|
|BRDC-128||Radio Programming and Marketing||2|
|BRDC-141||Live TV Newscast||3|
|BRDC-142||Live TV Studio Production||3|
|BRDC-148||Directing Live Television||3|
|JOUR/BRDC-155||Mass Media and Society||3|
|SPCH-101||Introduction to Public Speaking||3|