Curriculum Guides 2004-2005
(Fall 2004, Spring 2005, Summer 2005)
These curriculum guides are based on the Ohlone College 2004-2005 degree requirements. Students who will be graduating using a different catalog for their degree requirements should see a counselor and/or refer to the appropriate Ohlone College Catalog (view Ohlone's Catalog Rights Policy). All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review degree requirements and/or have questions answered.
Business Supervision Management
Certificate of Achievement
This curriculum is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in supervision/management and to prepare current leads, first line supervisors, and middle managers for promotion to higher-level positions in business, industry, and/or government. Students are trained for both line (operation) and staff (direct support) positions. Placement is often dependent upon job availability and the successful completion of an entrance examination.
Requirements for AA Degree:
- Complete Major Field and Supporting Courses with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete Plan A, B, or C General Education requirements. These are specified in the Ohlone College Catalog.
- Complete at least 60 degree-applicable units with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete at least 12 units at Ohlone College.
Requirements for Certificate of Achievement:
- Complete Major Field courses as indicated below.
- Complete at least six units at Ohlone College.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average in Major Field courses.
|BSM-101||Fundamentals of Management||3|
|BSM-102||Human Behavior in Organizations||3|
|BSM-103||Management of Human Resources||3|
|BSM-106||Communication for Supervisors||3|
|BSM-108||Leadership in Organizations||3|
|BA-116||Business English and Communication||4|
|BA-125||Introduction to Business||3|
|BA-166||Business Ethics OR||3|
|CS-101||Introduction to Computers and Information Technology||3|
|Major Field Electives (see list below)||3|
Recommended Major Field Electives: BA-101A, BA-101B, BA-110, BA-120, BA-121, BA-122, BA-123, BA-126, BA-129, BA-160A, BA-160B, BSM-195A, CS-102.