Curriculum Guides 2004-2005
(Fall 2004, Spring 2005, Summer 2005)
These curriculum guides are based on the Ohlone College 2004-2005 degree requirements. Students who will be graduating using a different catalog for their degree requirements should see a counselor and/or refer to the appropriate Ohlone College Catalog (view Ohlone's Catalog Rights Policy). All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review degree requirements and/or have questions answered.
Interpreter Preparation Program
Certificate of Achievement
The Interpreter Preparation Program (IPP) is limited in the number of students it can admit to each class. Students must fulfill minimum requirements listed below prior to applying to the Interpreter Preparation Program.
All pre-interpreter students are required to take the assessment test OR provide sufficient proof of college level English coursework to waive this requirement:
- Eligibility for English 101A at Ohlone College is determined by the assessment test scores OR completion of English 151B at Ohlone College with a grade of "C" or better OR completion of an equivalent course.
- Eligibility for English 163 at Ohlone College is determined by the assessment test scores OR completion of English 162 at Ohlone College with a grade of "C" or better.
- Upon completion of #1 students must pass an ASL/English fluency evaluation by submitting a formal application to the IPP. All applicants must be evaluated regardless of previous course work.
Requirements for AA Degree:
- Complete Major Field courses with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete Plan A, B, or C General Education requirements. These are specified in the Ohlone College Catalog.
- Complete at least 60 degree-applicable units with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete at least 12 units at Ohlone College.
Requirements for Certificate of Achievement:
- Complete Major Field courses as indicated below.
- Complete at least six units at Ohlone College.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average in Major Field courses.
|INT-112||Applied Linguistics for Interpreters||3|
|INT-115||Interpreting Preparation Skills||2|
|INT-120||Consecutive Interpreting: English/ASL||3|
|INT-121||Consecutive Interpreting: ASL/English||3|
|INT-145||Practicum: Deaf Mentorship||5|
|INT-160||Simultaneous Interpreting: English/ASL||3|
|INT-161||Simultaneous Interpreting: ASL/English||3|
|INT-173||Interpretation in Specialized Settings||3|
|INT-175||Specialized Interpreting Technique||2|
The courses listed above are part of the special application only curriculum for the Interpreter Preparation Program (IPP.) Other courses are open to students not in the Interpreter Preparation Program and are offered every semester. Please refer to a current college schedule of classes or the Ohlone College Deaf Center Web page at www.ohlone.edu/instr/deafstudies/.