Curriculum Guides 2004-2005
(Fall 2004, Spring 2005, Summer 2005)
These curriculum guides are based on the Ohlone College 2004-2005 degree requirements. Students who will be graduating using a different catalog for their degree requirements should see a counselor and/or refer to the appropriate Ohlone College Catalog (view Ohlone's Catalog Rights Policy). All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review degree requirements and/or have questions answered.
Office Assistant / Receptionist
Certificate of Achievement
This curriculum is designed to prepare students for entry?level positions in the clerical field. The graduate is often employed as a junior clerk?typist in business, industry, or government in a position that requires the employee to perform general clerical tasks, filing, and keyboarding. Placement often depends on job availability and the successful completion of a keyboarding/word processing skills test as well as a general entrance examination.
Requirements for AA Degree:
- Complete Major Field and Supporting Courses with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete Plan A, B, or C General Education requirements. These are specified in the Ohlone College Catalog.
- Complete at least 60 degree-applicable units with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete at least 12 units at Ohlone College.
Requirements for Certificate of Achievement:
- Complete Major Field courses as indicated below.
- Complete at least six units at Ohlone College.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average in Major Field courses.
|BA-116||Business English and Communication||4|
|BA/PSY-139||Psychology in the Workplace||3|
|CAOT-153||Introduction to Internet||1|
|CAOT-194A||Microsoft Office OR||2|
|CAOT-134A||Beginning Microsoft Access AND||(0.5)|
|BA-123||Math for Accounting and Business||3|
|SPCH-101||Introduction to Public Speaking||3|
|Major Field Electives (see list below)||7|
Recommended Major Field Electives: BA-110, BA-125, BA-141A, CS-101.