Curriculum Guides 2004-2005
(Fall 2004, Spring 2005, Summer 2005)
These curriculum guides are based on the Ohlone College 2004-2005 degree requirements. Students who will be graduating using a different catalog for their degree requirements should see a counselor and/or refer to the appropriate Ohlone College Catalog (view Ohlone's Catalog Rights Policy). All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review degree requirements and/or have questions answered.
AA Degree: Transfer Major
The Associate Degree in Speech Communication is designed to provide students with fundamental understanding of the principles of speech communication as well as experience in the application of these principles. Classes prepare students for transfer to four-year institutions and entry into careers in which effective communication skills are important, such as teaching, public relations, and law. This program fulfills typical lower-division requirements at four-year institutions. Some variation in requirements may exist at a particular four-year college or university; therefore, it is essential that students also refer to the catalog of the prospective transfer institution and consult a counselor.
Requirements for AA Degree:
- Complete Major Field and Supporting Courses Courses with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete Plan A, B, or C General Education requirements. These are specified in the Ohlone College Catalog.
- Complete at least 60 degree-applicable units with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete at least 12 units at Ohlone College.
- Complete at least 50% of the Major Field courses at Ohlone College.
|SPCH-101||Introduction to Public Speaking||3|
|SPCH-102||Critical Thinking/Decision Making OR||3|
|*SPCH-110A||Forensics Workshop AND / OR||1-6|
|*SPCH-112A||Debate and Argumentation Workshop||1-6|
|SPCH-132||Voice and Diction||4|
* SPCH-110A or SPCH-112A should be taken for a minimum of two units and a maximum of 12 units.
Select a minimum of three units from the courses listed below:
|BRDC-141||Live TV Newscast|
|JOUR-155||Mass Media and Society|
|SOC-101||Introduction to Sociology|
|SPCH-130||Oral Interpretation of Literature|
|TD-110||Introduction to Acting|
Recommended for transfer: MATH-159, Elements of Statistics and Probability.