Curriculum Guides 2004-2005
(Fall 2004, Spring 2005, Summer 2005)
These curriculum guides are based on the Ohlone College 2004-2005 degree requirements. Students who will be graduating using a different catalog for their degree requirements should see a counselor and/or refer to the appropriate Ohlone College Catalog (view Ohlone's Catalog Rights Policy). All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review degree requirements and/or have questions answered.
Word Processing Specialist
Certificate of Achievement
This curriculum is designed to prepare students for employment in business, industry, and government as office support staff. Graduates may expect to begin employment as a word processor, word processing specialist, or office staff assistant and be promoted to office manager.
Requirements for AA Degree:
- Complete Major Field and Supporting Courses with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete Plan A, B, or C General Education requirements. These are specified in the Ohlone College Catalog.
- Complete at least 60 degree-applicable units with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete at least 12 units at Ohlone College.
Requirements for Certificate of Achievement:
- Complete Major Field courses as indicated below.
- Complete at least six units at Ohlone College.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average in Major Field courses.
|BA-106||Applied Accounting OR||3|
|BA-109A||Computerized Accounting for Personal Finance AND||(1.5)|
|BA-109B||Computerized Accounting for Small Business||(1.5)|
|BA-116||Business English and Communication||4|
|CAOT-153||Introduction to Internet||1|
|CAOT-188||Desktop Publishing with QuarkXPress||2|
|CAOT-193A||Beginning Excel AND||0.5|
|CAOT-187||PowerPoint Presentations AND||0.5|
|CAOT-134||Beginning Microsoft Access OR||0.5|
|BA-123||Math for Accounting and Business||3|
|BA/PSY-139||Psychology in the Workplace||3|
|CAOT-193A||Beginning Excel OR||0.5|
|CAOT-193B||Intermediate Excel OR||(0.5)|
|SPCH-101||Introduction to Public Speaking OR||3|
|SPCH-103||Interpersonal Communication OR||(3)|
|Major Field Electives (see list below)||8|
Recommended Major Field Electives: BA-101A, BA-106, BA-110, BA-125, BA-141A, CAOT-112, CAOT-187, CAOT-188, CS-101.
Courses may not be taken for duplicate credit.