Curriculum Guides 2005-2006
(Fall 2005, Spring 2006, Summer 2006)
These curriculum guides are based on the Ohlone College 2005-2006 degree requirements. Students who will be graduating using a different catalog for their degree requirements should see a counselor and/or refer to the appropriate Ohlone College Catalog (view Ohlone's Catalog Rights Policy). All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review degree requirements and/or have questions answered.
Certificate of Achievement Program
This curriculum is designed to prepare students for employment in business, industry, or government. Graduates often begin as an administrative assistant and later advance to executive secretary and administrative assistant. Placement is dependent upon job availability as well as the successful completion of general entrance examinations.
Requirements for AA Degree:
- Complete Major Field and Supporting Courses with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete Plan A, B, or C General Education requirements. These are specified in the Ohlone College Catalog.
- Complete at least 60 degree-applicable units with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete at least 12 units at Ohlone College.
Requirements for Certificate of Achievement:
- Complete Major Field courses as indicated below.
- Complete at least six units at Ohlone College.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average in Major Field and Supporting Courses.
|BA-116||Business English and Communication||4|
|BA-125||Introduction to Business||3|
|CAOT-194A||MS Office Advanced||2|
|BA-123||Math for Accounting and Business||3|
|BA/PSY-139||Psychology in the Workplace||3|
|CAOT-153||Introduction to Internet||1|
|CAOT-188||Desktop Publishing with QuarkXpress||2|
|SPCH-101||Introduction to Public Speaking||3|
|Major Field Elective (see list below)||3|
Recommended Major Field Electives: BSM-101, BSM-102, BSM-103, BSM-106, BSM-108, CS-101, ENGL-156.