Curriculum Guides 2005-2006
(Fall 2005, Spring 2006, Summer 2006)
These curriculum guides are based on the Ohlone College 2005-2006 degree requirements. Students who will be graduating using a different catalog for their degree requirements should see a counselor and/or refer to the appropriate Ohlone College Catalog (view Ohlone's Catalog Rights Policy). All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review degree requirements and/or have questions answered.
AS Degree: Transfer Major
The Associate of Science Transfer Degree in Biology offered by Ohlone College is designed to prepare students for studying the Biological Sciences at most universities. The core courses required in the AS Degree in Biology will fulfill the lower division requirements for most campuses of the UC and CSU systems. This program will enable students to develop a strong foundation in the life sciences, physical sciences, and mathematics. Furthermore, the theoretical knowledge and laboratory skills acquired by students in this program will also enhance their success with obtaining entry-level jobs that require two years of college-level science and math.
Since some curriculum requirements may vary among transfer universities, it is imperative that students entering Ohlone’s AS degree program in Biology meet with a counselor at the start of their academic work. Counselors will assist students in preparing a Student Education Plan that will prepare them to transfer to the university of their choice. Counselors will also advise students on the general education plan that best prepares them for future transfer.
Requirements for AS Degree:
- Complete the Major Field courses with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete Plan A, B, or C General Education requirements. These are specified in the Ohlone College Catalog.
- Complete at least 60 degree-applicable units with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete at least 12 units at Ohlone College.
- Complete at least 50% of the Major Field courses at Ohlone College.
- Complete BIOL-101A and BIOL-101B at Ohlone College.
|BIOL-101A||Principles of Biology-Molecular and Cellular||5|
|BIOL-101B||Principles of Biology-Organisms and Systems||5|
|MATH-101A||Calculus with Analytical Geometry||5|
|*PHYS-120||Introduction to Physics I||4|
|*PHYS-121||Introduction to Physics II||4|
* PHYS-140 + 141 + 142 may be substituted for PHYS-120 + 121.