Curriculum Guides 2005-2006
(Fall 2005, Spring 2006, Summer 2006)
These curriculum guides are based on the Ohlone College 2005-2006 degree requirements. Students who will be graduating using a different catalog for their degree requirements should see a counselor and/or refer to the appropriate Ohlone College Catalog (view Ohlone's Catalog Rights Policy). All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review degree requirements and/or have questions answered.
Graphic Arts / Computer Graphics
Certificate of Achievement Program
This curriculum is designed to prepare students as graphic artists for careers with graphic design printing companies and other media firms. Students are encouraged to develop a wide variety of skills in order to be better prepared for a range of job opportunities. Placement often depends upon the portfolio of completed work, willingness to move to a different area, and job availability.
Requirements for AA Degree:
- Complete Major Field and Supporting Course as indicated below.
- Complete Plan A, B, or C General Education requirements. These are specified in the Ohlone College Catalog.
- Complete at least 60 degree-applicable units with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete at least 12 units at Ohlone College.
Requirements for Certificate of Achievement:
- Complete Major Field courses as indicated below.
- Complete at least six units at Ohlone College.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average in Major Field courses.
|ART-103A||Survey of World Art History-Prehistoric Through 1300 C.E. OR||4|
|ART-103B||Survey of World Art History-14th Century Through 20th Century||(4)|
|ART-133A||Black and White Photography OR||3|
|ART-134A||Basic Color Photography OR||(3)|
|GA/ART-109A||Beginning Graphic Design I||3|
|GA/ART-109B||Beginning Graphic Design II||3|
|GA/ART-110A||Advanced Graphic Design I||3|
|GA/ART-110B||Advanced Graphic Design II||3|
|GA/ART/BA/CS-160A||Computer Graphics I||4|
|GA/ART/BA/CS-161A||Digital Graphics I||2|
|JOUR-146-148||Photography/Graphic Arts Newspaper Staff||1-3|