Curriculum Guides 2005-2006
(Fall 2005, Spring 2006, Summer 2006)
These curriculum guides are based on the Ohlone College 2005-2006 degree requirements. Students who will be graduating using a different catalog for their degree requirements should see a counselor and/or refer to the appropriate Ohlone College Catalog (view Ohlone's Catalog Rights Policy). All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review degree requirements and/or have questions answered.
Certificate of Achievement Program
This curriculum is designed to offer students an opportunity for learning writing techniques that can be applied to commercial publications, photojournalism, public relations, advertising, etc. Journalism students become involved in production of the student newspaper, the Monitor. This award-winning publication presents the opportunity to write, edit, design, and finally prepare a publication for distribution throughout the campus community.
Requirements for AA Degree:
- Complete Major Field courses with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete Plan A, B, or C General Education requirements. These are specified in the Ohlone College Catalog.
- Complete at least 60 degree-applicable units with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete at least 12 units at Ohlone College.
Requirements for Certificate of Achievement:
- Complete Major Field courses as indicated below.
- Complete at least six units at Ohlone College.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average in Major Field courses.
|ART-133A||Black and White Photography OR||3|
|JOUR-175||Magazine Writing and Editing Staff||(3)|
|BA-129||Introduction to Advertising||3|
|GA/CAOT-188||Desktop Publishing with QuarkXpress||2|
|JOUR/BRDC-155||Mass Media and Society||3|
|JOUR-172||Newspaper Writing and Editing Staff (2 semesters) OR||6|
|JOUR-178||Advertising Staff (2 semesters) OR||(6)|
|JOUR-148||Photography/Graphic Arts Newspaper Staff (2 semesters)||(6)|