Curriculum Guides 2005-2006
(Fall 2005, Spring 2006, Summer 2006)
These curriculum guides are based on the Ohlone College 2005-2006 degree requirements. Students who will be graduating using a different catalog for their degree requirements should see a counselor and/or refer to the appropriate Ohlone College Catalog (view Ohlone's Catalog Rights Policy). All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review degree requirements and/or have questions answered.
Marketing and Distribution
Certificate of Achievement
This curriculum is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in marketing and distribution and to provide in-service training and development opportunities for persons currently working in the field. Marketing and Distribution includes positions in market research, advertising, public and customer relations, business and industry sales, retailing and merchandising, wholesaling, purchasing, shipping and receiving, and other transportation and physical distribution jobs. Placement depends on job availability; the degree is not designed for transfer.
Requirements for AA Degree:
- Complete Major Field and Supporting Courses with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete Plan A, B, or C General Education requirements. These are specified in the Ohlone College Catalog.
- Complete at least 60 degree-applicable units with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete at least 12 units at Ohlone College.
Requirements for Certificate of Achievement:
- Complete Major Field courses as indicated below.
- Complete at least six units at Ohlone College.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average in Major Field courses.
|BA-125||Introduction to Business||3|
|BA-126||Introduction to Marketing||3|
|BA-128||Principles of Selling||3|
|BA-129||Introduction to Advertising||3|
|BA-102A||Principles of Economics-Microeconomics OR||3|
|BA-166||Business Ethics OR||3|
|Major Field Electives (see list below)||6|
Major Field Electives (choose a minimum of six units): BA-101A, BA-101B, BA-121, BA-123, BA-139, BA-195A, BSM-101, CS-101, ENGL-101A.