Curriculum Guides 2005-2006
(Fall 2005, Spring 2006, Summer 2006)
These curriculum guides are based on the Ohlone College 2005-2006 degree requirements. Students who will be graduating using a different catalog for their degree requirements should see a counselor and/or refer to the appropriate Ohlone College Catalog (view Ohlone's Catalog Rights Policy). All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review degree requirements and/or have questions answered.
UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator
Network Technology and Systems Administration
Certificate of Achievement Program
Students who complete this program learn the skills and the general knowledge of UNIX/Linux Systems Administration, including an understanding of theory and the development of a solid foundation of system administration skills. Graduates are qualified for entry-level positions in UNIX/Linux Systems Administration.
Requirements for AS Degree:
- Complete Major Field and Area Specialization courses with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete Plan A, B, or C General Education requirements. These are specified in the Ohlone College Catalog.
- Complete at least 60 degree-applicable units with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete at least 12 units at Ohlone College.
Requirements for Certificate of Achievement:
- Complete Major Field and Area Specialization courses as indicated below.
- Complete at least six units at Ohlone College.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average in Major Field and Area Specialization courses.
|CS-146||Introduction to UNIX/Linux||3|
|CS-147||UNIX Shell Programming||4|
|CS-148A||UNIX/Linux System Administration I AND||4|
|CS-148B||System Administration II OR||4|
|CS-185A||Linux Installation and Configuration AND||(2)|
|CS-185B||Linux System Administration AND||(2)|
|CS-185C||Linux Networking AND||(2)|
|CS-181||Network Operating Systems||4|
Complete one course from each of the following Area Specializations.
Advanced Administrative Elective: 1-4 units
|CS-138A||Database Fundamentals I:
Database Architecture and Administration
|CS-185E||Linux Apache Web Server Administration||(2)|
|CS-185F||Advanced Linux System Administration||(2)|
Programming Elective: 2-4 units
|CS-102||Introduction to Computer Programming Using C++||(4)|
|CS-124||Advanced Programming with Data Structures||(4)|
|CS-137||Introduction to SQL and PL/SQL Programming||(4)|