Curriculum Guides 2005-2006
(Fall 2005, Spring 2006, Summer 2006)
These curriculum guides are based on the Ohlone College 2005-2006 degree requirements. Students who will be graduating using a different catalog for their degree requirements should see a counselor and/or refer to the appropriate Ohlone College Catalog (view Ohlone's Catalog Rights Policy). All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review degree requirements and/or have questions answered.
Small Business Management
Certificate of Achievement
This curriculum is designed to prepare students for success in small business management--starting, operating, and expanding an enterprise with sales of $5 million or less. It is directed to the potential or current entrepreneur, one who chooses to open and manage a business, and to people who serve as employees of small business firms. Success in small business results from a variety of factors; there is great opportunity and significant risk.
Requirements for AA Degree:
- Complete Major Field and Supporting Courses with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete Plan A, B, or C General Education requirements. These are specified in the Ohlone College Catalog.
- Complete at least 60 degree-applicable units with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Complete at least 12 units at Ohlone College.
Requirements for Certificate of Achievement:
- Complete Major Field courses as indicated below.
- Complete at least six units at Ohlone College.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average in Major Field courses.
|BA-109B||Computerized Accounting for Small Business||1.5|
|BA-111||Financial Statement Analysis for Non-Financial Managers||1.5|
|BA-121||Establishing Your Business||3|
|BA-122||Promoting Your Small Business||3|
|BSM-101||Fundamentals of Management||3|
|BSM-102||Human Behavior in Organizations||3|
|CAOT-153||Introduction to Internet||1|
|BA-116||Business English and Communication||4|
|BA-120||Introduction to Entrepreneurship OR||3|
|BA-125||Introduction to Business OR||(3)|
|BA-126||Introduction to Marketing OR||(3)|
|BA-129||Introduction to Advertising||(3)|
|BA-166||Business Ethics OR||3|
|BA-195||Work Experience Education||3|