The Curriculum Committee, a standing subcommittee of the Faculty Senate, reviews and makes recommendations on proposals for adding, expanding, deleting, or modifying programs and courses offered by the College. All Academic Divisions have a minimum of one faculty representative and there are 2 voting student members. The Vice President, Academic Affairs; Vice President, Student Services; Division Deans; and Director of Curriculum and Scheduling are non-voting members.
Faculty have two-year appointments, which are staggered to provide for continuity from year to year. The chairperson is an elected faculty member who served on the committee the previous year.
This Committee meets the first and third Monday of each month from 3:00pm to 5:00pm—first Monday of the month will be the approvals, issues and open session for discussion and dialog and third Monday will be designated for screening of all new and revised courses.
Curriculum Committee Chair
- Fall 2012/Spring 2013 Curriculum Calendar (PDF)
- Meeting Schedule, Agenda, and Minutes
- Meetings Archive
- Curriculum Committee Goals
- Distance Education Subcommittee
- General Education Subcommittee
- Student Learning Outcomes & Assessment Subcommittee
Course & Curriculum Review/Approval
- DE Approval Process (PDF)
- DE CurricUNET Guidelines (PDF)
- DE Effective Contact Policy (PDF)
- DE Accessibility Policy (PDF)
GE Additional Approvals Requirements
Program and Services Review
Program and Services Review information and schedules, etc. are available on the Office of Academic Affairs website.
- Program Approval Process (PDF)
- Procedure for Name Change for State Approved Programs or Academic Disciplines (PDF)
- Policy for Adding or Removing Certificates of Completion from the Catalog (PDF)
- AA-T and AS-T Progress Tracker (PDF)
- Transfer Model Curriculum (TMC) Templates
- Checklist for Developing AA-T and AS-T's (PDF)
- AA-T and AS-T
- C-ID Descriptors
- Catalog Description for AA-T and AS-T degrees (PDF)
- Ohlone's CurricUNET website is at www.curricunet.com/ohlone/ (use the Internet Explorer web browser!)
- CurricUNET Outcomes (PDF)
- Guidelines to Originate a Course Proposal using CurricUNET (PDF)
- CurricUNET User's Guide is available on Ohlone's CurricUNET website
- CurricUNET Users' Group Meeting Fall 2009 (with links to presentations)
- The Course Outline of Record: A Curriculum Reference Guide (PDF)
- Integrated Course Outline (PDF)
- PE Example (PDF)
- English Example (PDF)
- Bloom's - CurricUNET (PDF)
- Integrated Student Centered Curriculum (PPT)
- Student Learning Outcomes - Course Level (PPT)
- Ohlone Workshop by Norton Grubb - A Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Cycle - 4 documents: PPT 1, PPT 2, PPT 3, Ohlone Worksheets (PDF)
- Certification Training for Local Approval of Stand-Alone Credit Courses
- Examples of Courses Denied by the Chancellor's Office (PDF)
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".
Microsoft Office or a Microsoft Office Viewer (free) is required to open files on this page marked "DOC", "XLS", or "PPT". Get the Microsoft Office Compability Pack (free) for older versions of MS Office (needed for files ending with .docx, .xlsx, .xlsm, .pptx, .ppts, and .pptm).