Distance Education Subcommittee
The Distance Education Committee is an official subcommittee of the Curriculum Committee.
Separate Distance Education Committee approval is required for courses being offered either fully online or as hybrids (where part of in-person scheduled class time is replaced by an online format). It is the primary task of this committee to review courses with any online component before moving to the next step in the approval process. In addition, any matter pertaining to the quality and delivery of online education is discussed, and action items and goals are generated from those meetings.
- Online class
- A fully online class is entirely conducted on the web. Course delivery follows traditional classroom model (as opposed to “self-paced'), where the instructor/student interaction is now fully managed via a course management system in place of the classroom (face-to-face).
- Hybrid class
- A class that has both online and in-person formats. A student taking a hybrid course will need to come to campus on specified dates.
- Web-enhanced class
- A Web-enhanced class is scheduled as a traditional on-campus class, and utilizes the Internet to access a Course Management System, where additional course information can be found. Web-enhanced classes do not reduce face-to-face meetings and do not require going through the DE committee.
DE Subcommittee Chair
- Barbara Tull, English, Chair
- Danijela Bedic-Babic (Computers, Networks, and Emerging Technologies)
- Sarah Cooper (Psychology)
- Deborah Lemon (Spanish)
- Heather McCarty (History and Political Science)
- Jim McManus (Music)
- Jo Rodgers (adjunct Anthropology)
- Christine Sibley (adjunct Librarian)
- Rosemary Yoshikawa (adjunct Business)
- Ex Officio members:
- Quan Nguyen (Computer Lab coordinator, Blackboard support)
- Jipssee Sayalit (eCampus course assistant)
- Lesley Buehler (Dean, Business, Technology, Learning Resources and eCampus)
- DE Committee Charter (PDF)
- DE Approval Process (PDF)
- DE CurricUNET Guidelines (PDF)
- Administrative Procedure (AP) 4105 Distance Education
- DE Accessibility Policy (PDF)
DE Subcommittee Wiki: Going the Distance
Go to goingthedistance.pbworks.com.Skip plugin notice.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".