Diversity Workshops and Events - Diversity at Ohlone - Human Resources and Training
These workshops and events are open only to Ohlone College employees, unless otherwise noted in the description.
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- 12:05pm - 1:05pm
- Building FP-5, Fremont campus
- Open to Ohlone employees
You are invited to an opportunity to practice Spanish in a conversational group. Everyone is invited regardless of their level – your Spanish proficiency can be nil or expert. With such a diverse group of faculty and staff, this is an opportunity to learn not only about a different language, but also about different cultures.
If you cannot make it for the whole hour, then feel free to come by for as long as you can – interruptions welcome!These workshops and events are open only to Ohlone College employees, unless otherwise noted in the description.
- Friday, May 5, 2017
- Room 3201, Building 3, second floor, Fremont campus
- Open to the public
Dot-Slash Computer Science (along with Society of Women Engineers and A^2 Pi) is hosting a free screening of Hidden Figures. We strongly believe that Hidden Figures is a powerful movie that is perfect in such a time as now when the push for equality, especially for women and minorities in the field of STEM, is of much importance. Additionally, we are reaching out to middle school and high school students to inspire them and encourage them to pursue an education and career in this ever important, and constantly growing, industry.
Also, thanks to the generosity of Professor Ron Sha, there will be a raffle during intermission with some pretty great prizes! See also this event on Facebook.
- Saturday, May 6, 2017
- 5:00pm - 7:30pm
- Smith Center at Ohlone College, Fremont campus
- Tickets: $5 - Please purchase tickets in advance
- Open to the public, including families
- Smith Center Box Office / Ticket Information
The 50th Committee and Ohlone Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Committee (ODIAC) are proud to present an evening of celebration in honor of our diverse communities. This event has a local community focus and celebrates the talents within our communities through Arts, Food and Dance! This event is for you and your family – there is something for everyone! Reserve your space by purchasing your tickets early, we expect this to be a sold out event!
- Art activities for children
- Sample foods from around the world
- Dance performances representing world-wide cultures
- 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- Light Refreshments and "Around the World" Candy Shoppe
- Food Tasting and Interactive Art Activities
- World of Cultures Gallery Display
- 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- A Variety of Dance Performances
A list of previous workshops are available in the Archive of Diversity Workshops and Events.Skip plugin notice.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".