Diversity Workshops and Events - Diversity at Ohlone - Human Resources and Training
These workshops and events are open only to Ohlone College employees, unless otherwise noted in the description.
One goal of the Symposium is to promote a welcoming environment that fosters cultural competency, equity, awareness, and respect for our college and communities.
Key note speakers:
- Dr. Prince White from Urban Peace Movement will be discussing participatory denfense and uniting our community.
- Cat Brooks will be sharing her one-woman show that is loosely based on the in-custody murder of Natasha McKenna in the Fairfax County jail in February 2015.
- Social Justice kickoff: After the symposiums, we will kick off our first event of the Social Justice Series with screening of the Project Enye a film about navigating the tensions of multicultural identity development in contemporary society.
- 9:00am – 9:30am: Light Breakfast
- 9:30am – 10:00am: Welcome and Introduction
- 10:00am – 11:30am: Dr. Prince White
- 11:30am – 1:00pm: Lucheon with Student Performances
- 1:00pm – 2:30pm: Cat Brooks' TASHA
- 2:30pm – 3:00pm: Guide Meditation
- 3:00pm – 5:00pm: Kickoff to Social Justice Series - Screening of the Project Enye
Q and A with filmmaker, Gudalupe Hirt
Date and Location:
- October 24, 2017
- Fremont Campus: Building 7, room 7101, first floor
- For more information contact Dr. Teresa Massimo at email@example.com or
Carmen Madden at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Flyer
All events are open to Ohlone faculty, staff and students!
- Bienvenidos: Latinx Student Welcome
- Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Room NC-1100, Newark campus
- Sí se puede: Latinx Alumni Panel
- Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Room 7101, building 7, first floor, Fremont campus
- La Mission: Film Screening and Discussion
- Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 5:00pm
- Room FP-04, FP building, Fremont campus
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017
- Wednesday, October 25, 2017
- 12:15pm - 1:15pm
- Building FP-4, Fremont campus
- Open to Ohlone employees
- If you have any questions please email: email@example.com
You are invited to an opportunity to practice Spanish in a conversational group. Everyone is invited regardless of their level – your Spanish proficiency can be nil or expert. With such a diverse group of faculty and staff, this is an opportunity to learn not only about a different language, but also about different cultures.
If you cannot make it for the whole hour, then feel free to come by for as long as you can – interruptions welcome!These workshops and events are open only to Ohlone College employees, unless otherwise noted in the description.
A list of previous workshops are available in the Archive of Diversity Workshops and Events.Skip plugin notice.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".