To apply for services from DSPS, please follow these steps:
- Fill out an application to Ohlone College.
(This can be done either online or in person through the Admission and Records Office.) See How to Enroll.
- Ohlone will be accepting Summer/Fall 2017 applications beginning February 21, 2017.
- Take the Placement Test.
- You MUST have an Ohlone Student ID Number and Photo ID.
- Placement test may be taken at the Placement Testing Center (check website for dates and times) or through the DSPS office (see below for dates and times).
- Bring documentation verifying your disability to the DSPS Office, Room 7217, Building 7, second floor, Fremont campus.
- IEP or 504 Plan and
- Psychoeducational Report
- Latest High School transcript (if available)
- Medical Documentation signed by a medical professional.
- Complete the Intake/Advising Apointment with a DSPS Counselor.
- To receive priority registration for Summer/Fall 2017, Steps 1-4 must be completed by April 10, 2017.
Before taking the placement tests, please review the study guides and tips for taking the placement tests.
The DSPS office will be offering extended hours to take Placement test on the following dates. You must make and schedule an appointment—do not just show up! To schedule an appointment, please call (510) 659-6079.
- March 2, 2017 – 9am – 6pm
- March 7, 2017 – 9am – 6pm
- March 9, 2017 – 9am – 6pm
- March 14, 2017 – 9am – 6pm
- March 16, 2017 - 9am – 6pm
- March 21, 2017 - 9am – 6pm
- March 23, 2017 – 9am – 6pm
- March 28, 2017 – 9am – 6pm
- March 30, 2017 – 9am – 6pm
Orientation is mandatory for all new students
Construction on the Fremont Campus
Ohlone’s Fremont campus is undergoing major construction. Three existing building have been demolished and three new buildings are being built. The estimate time of completion will be Spring 2019. It is highly recommended for students to take a tour of the campus to see the construction pathways and hear the noise level of the construction areas.