DSPS Policies and Procedures - Disabled Students Programs and Services
Ohlone College Disabled Program and Services (DSPS) is designed to open the doors to educational and occupational opportunities for students with disabilities.
Our primary purpose is to provide an opportunity for all DSPS students to gain maximum benefit from their educational experience.
Educational accommodations are provided to eligible DSPS students to help them achieve their educational and vocational goals.
To receive DSPS services, students must follow the Eligibility process and must have an open file in DSPS and also be currently enrolled in classes at Ohlone College.
DSPS cannot provide retroactive accommodations, or accommodations that are not requested in a timely manner; however, due diligence shall be provided in the evaluation of each individual request.
- Testing Accommodation (Form)
- Alternate Media
- Adaptive Technology Lab
- Accommodation Request
- Interpreter/Real-Time Captioner
- Service Animals
- Personal Attendant or Aide
- Equipment Loan
- Students Rights and Responsibilities
- Student Code of Conduct
- Grievance/Complaint Procedure
Suspension of Services
Students utilizing academic adjustments, auxiliary aids and services have a responsibility to use the services in a responsible manner. These services may be suspended or terminated if the student misuses services or doesn’t follow established procedures.
According to Title 5 California Code of Regulations (CCR), Section 56010, “Student Responsibilities,” DSPS may suspend or terminate support services under the following conditions:
- Failure to adhere to DSPS written policies and procedures.
- Failure to adhere to the District’s Standards of Conduct (Board Policy 5500).
- Failure to make measurable progress towards the goals established in the student’s Academic Accommodation Plan (AAP) and/or failure to meet Ohlone College’s academic regulations established by the college.
Students must notify the DSPS office of his/her absence prior to the time of their counseling appointment or accommodation/support service(s) scheduled to be provided. Three (3) failures to do so may result in suspension or termination of the service for the current semester.
Appointments and accommodation/support services include the following:
- Appointments with a DSPS counselor
- Appointments with the Alternate Media Lab Access Specialist
- Appointments for test proctoring
- Sign Language Interpreter or Real-Time Captioner service
Prior to the suspension or termination of services, the student will be notified in writing identifying the reason(s) that services will be suspended or terminated for the current semester. The letter will inform the student that he/she must meet with the DSPS Counselor within five (5) working days from the date of the letter if they want to continue services.
If the student does not schedule the meeting or fails to attend, services will be suspended or terminated for the current semester.
If the Director determines services should be continued, a signed “Contract for Continuation of Services” to reinstate services for the current semester will be given to the student.Skip plugin notice.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".